Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > D70 Replacement

D70 Replacement

C J Campbell

"Max Kirk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4239bae3$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am thinking of buying a D70 but I am wondering if I should wait for the
> next model.
>
> Is the 100 cash back offer to clear the existing stock before a new
> release?

More likely it is to lower the price to keep it competitive with Canon's new
models (every time Nikon comes out with a new camera, Canon comes out with
one about six months later that undercuts it slightly in price -- so much
for Canon's reputation as an innovator). A replacement for the D70 will
probably not be out for another year.

Personally, I plan to keep my D70 until I can get 22 MP camera for under
$1000. A couple MP here or there just doesn't make enough difference to make
an upgrade worthwhile.