Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Home Network Setup

Home Network Setup

=?Utf-8?B?Q2hvc2Vuc29u?=

I currently have a desktop running Win 2000 set up on a cable modem and
WRT54G Router. The computer is wired ethernet to the router. I have 2
laptops, both running XP Pro, and both running wireless devices. I have
Norton Internet Security and Zone Alarm Pro, both enabled. When I try to set
up a network I can't see either of the two remaining computers from any one
computer. What am I doing wrong, and how do I go about setting up a network
with the 3. When I have tried to run the wizrd, and I get to the point where
it asks how my computer logs on, it tells me that Windows doesn't like it
when all computers can access the web separately, etc. Help!

Jack

Hi
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Chosenson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I currently have a desktop running Win 2000 set up on a cable modem and
> WRT54G Router. The computer is wired ethernet to the router. I have 2
> laptops, both running XP Pro, and both running wireless devices. I have
> Norton Internet Security and Zone Alarm Pro, both enabled. When I try to

set
> up a network I can't see either of the two remaining computers from any

one
> computer. What am I doing wrong, and how do I go about setting up a

network
> with the 3. When I have tried to run the wizrd, and I get to the point

where
> it asks how my computer logs on, it tells me that Windows doesn't like it
> when all computers can access the web separately, etc. Help!

=?Utf-8?B?Q2hvc2Vuc29u?=

Thanks Jack, appreciate the help.