Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Need opinions - good picture - bad picture

Need opinions - good picture - bad picture

chrlz@go.com

Most recent image editors should let you get at the properties (`EXIF
data`) of your images. If you have Windows XP, just right-click the
file, then Properties, then Summary.

Sheldon

See if your camera has a spot metering/focus mode. Keep in mind that the
shutter button on every digital camera I've seen is two stage. The first
stage locks exposure and focus, and the second stage takes the picture. You
must be aware of this.

Make sure the image is centered when you press the button halfway, then hold
the camera still as you press the button the rest of the way. In some cases
you may have to press the shutter halfway to set the exposure and focus,
then frame the image before you press the shutter the rest of the way.

Try taking some photos of still objects, like a brick wall, and see what
happens. Your not paying for film or processing, so a little trial and
error might help you diagnose this problem. And always keep in mind the two
stage shutter, and use it that way. Most lousy pics I've take were when I
just pressed the shutter in one motion, not pausing to let the camera lock
on target.

If you put the camera on a tripod, and give it time to lock before pushing
the button all the way down, and you are still getting fuzzy photos of
stationary objects, it might be the camera.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Here are the pictures that I was talking about. They were outside, I
> was still, and the subjects may of been barely moving. They were all
> blurry except one, and it was a crappy picture period. What do you
> guys think:
>
> http://members.aol.com/utseay/sh.jpg
>
> http://members.aol.com/utseay/sh2.jpg
>
> http://members.aol.com/utseay/sh3.jpg

yonzie

Frank ess wrote:

>>Thats a sexy dog....show me one more sexy and I'll take a blurry
>>picture of it.
>>

> This is E.T.'s entry in the sexy-dog/ugly-dog sweepstakes:
> http://www.fototime.com/C16EEA97F0C43C6/orig.jpg
>
> As to your next three offerings, What kind of in-camera processing is in
> place?

Looks like a seal humping a slipper