Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > OT - Should Presidential term-limits be lifted?

OT - Should Presidential term-limits be lifted?

Janet Moorehouse

Term-limits were put into place because of FDR. Have we reached the era
when they should be abolished? It is unfortunate that Bill Clinton
could not run against GW Bush instead of Kerry, because he is probably
the only candidate who could have beaten him.

Should term-limits be lifted from the US Presidency?

If not, should a former 2-term President be allowed to run again if he
takes a 4 year break?

Charlie Self

Janet Moorhouse asks:
>>Term-limits were put into place because of FDR. Have we reached the

era
when they should be abolished? It is unfortunate that Bill Clinton
could not run against GW Bush instead of Kerry, because he is probably
the only candidate who could have beaten him.

Should term-limits be lifted from the US Presidency?

If not, should a former 2-term President be allowed to run again if he
takes a 4 year break? <<

Term limits should stay as they are, or be changed to a single term.
We've got single term limits for governors in my state; recently, there
was an attempt to change that. The previous governor, though, was the
living argument against that, as he came very close to destroying the
state's economy with unncessary tax refunds and expensive expanded
business welfare programs. Sound familiar?

BernardZ

In article <Xns9614166819E8E7@204.153.244.141>,

> Term-limits were put into place because of FDR. Have we reached the era
> when they should be abolished? It is unfortunate that Bill Clinton
> could not run against GW Bush instead of Kerry, because he is probably
> the only candidate who could have beaten him.
>
> Should term-limits be lifted from the US Presidency?
>
> If not, should a former 2-term President be allowed to run again if he
> takes a 4 year break?

Do you believe that this is a subject suitable for the following
newsgroups? If so please explain why?

rec.video.desktop
rec.photo.digital
rec.photo.equipment.35mm
alt.culture.alaska.sylvia-sullivan
soc.culture.jewish

--
Life is always changing, that is what makes it interesting.

Observations of Bernard - No 72

Michael Weinstein

On 2005-03-09 02:10:52 -0500, Janet Moorehouse
<(E-Mail Removed)> said:

> Term-limits were put into place because of FDR. Have we reached the era
> when they should be abolished? It is unfortunate that Bill Clinton
> could not run against GW Bush instead of Kerry, because he is probably
> the only candidate who could have beaten him.
>
> Should term-limits be lifted from the US Presidency?
>
> If not, should a former 2-term President be allowed to run again if he
> takes a 4 year break?

stop feeding the trolls
--
Michael | "You're going to need a bigger boat."

ian lincoln

"Janet Moorehouse" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> Term-limits were put into place because of FDR. Have we reached the era
> when they should be abolished? It is unfortunate that Bill Clinton
> could not run against GW Bush instead of Kerry, because he is probably
> the only candidate who could have beaten him.
>
> Should term-limits be lifted from the US Presidency?
>
> If not, should a former 2-term President be allowed to run again if he
> takes a 4 year break?

if he is having heart problems now god nows how long he would last if he had
the presidency again.

M@@wrk

"ian lincoln" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:fsHXd.19260$(E-Mail Removed) k...

> "Janet Moorehouse" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >
> > Term-limits were put into place because of FDR. Have we reached the era
> > when they should be abolished? It is unfortunate that Bill Clinton
> > could not run against GW Bush instead of Kerry, because he is probably
> > the only candidate who could have beaten him.
> >
> > Should term-limits be lifted from the US Presidency?
> >
> > If not, should a former 2-term President be allowed to run again if he
> > takes a 4 year break?

> if he is having heart problems now god nows how long he would last if he

had
> the presidency again.

Dick Cheney's had a couple open heart surgeries, if I recall, and he just
signed up for another 4 years as vp.

Jackie

They should certainly be lifted off this newsgroup!!!!

"M@@wrk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:2sIXd.4593844$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "ian lincoln" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:fsHXd.19260$(E-Mail Removed) k...
> >
> > "Janet Moorehouse" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > >
> > > Term-limits were put into place because of FDR. Have we reached the

era
> > > when they should be abolished? It is unfortunate that Bill Clinton
> > > could not run against GW Bush instead of Kerry, because he is probably
> > > the only candidate who could have beaten him.
> > >
> > > Should term-limits be lifted from the US Presidency?
> > >
> > > If not, should a former 2-term President be allowed to run again if he
> > > takes a 4 year break?

> > if he is having heart problems now god nows how long he would last if he

> had
> > the presidency again.
> >

> Dick Cheney's had a couple open heart surgeries, if I recall, and he just
> signed up for another 4 years as vp.

William Graham

"Janet Moorehouse" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> Term-limits were put into place because of FDR. Have we reached the era
> when they should be abolished? It is unfortunate that Bill Clinton
> could not run against GW Bush instead of Kerry, because he is probably
> the only candidate who could have beaten him.
>
> Should term-limits be lifted from the US Presidency?
>
> If not, should a former 2-term President be allowed to run again if he
> takes a 4 year break?

It's amazing how this subject is always brought up by the party in power
during a presidents second term....."Lets eliminate the two term limit so
Bush can run again." And 8 years ago, it was, "Lets eliminate the two term
limit so Clinton can run again".......The same thing applies to complaints
about the veracity of the voting machines, and to complaints about the
electoral college method of choosing a president.......At 70, this is where
I came in......

Donald Link

On 09 Mar 2005 07:10:52 GMT, Janet Moorehouse
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Term-limits were put into place because of FDR. Have we reached the era
>when they should be abolished? It is unfortunate that Bill Clinton
>could not run against GW Bush instead of Kerry, because he is probably
>the only candidate who could have beaten him.
>
>Should term-limits be lifted from the US Presidency?
>
>If not, should a former 2-term President be allowed to run again if he
>takes a 4 year break?

Who give a flying ****.

DeeW

Read it closer Rev.