Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > D70 and Focus Assist Light

D70 and Focus Assist Light

Owamanga

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 14:08:25 -0500, Ed Ruf <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 18:36:46 GMT, in rec.photo.digital Owamanga
><owamanga(not-this-bit)@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 10:05:12 -0800, "hotchkisstrio"
>><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>>I tried it with my TV remote and it worked, but I bought the little nikon
>>>remote anyways. It's small and attaches to the camera strap.

>>...you just need a 15ft camera strap to use it at any distance.

>Actually, the little slip in case attaches to the strap, not the
>remote itself.

I know, I was just being annoying. I keep mine in one of the
elasticated loops in the camera bag lid that used to hold rolls of
film in days gone by.

--
Owamanga!
http://www.pbase.com/owamanga

Ryan

"[BnH]" wrote:

> Buy a IR remote control for the D70 ?

Roger, to my knowledge, you cannot disable this light when using the
self timer mode.

As for the remote (The ML-L3, or you can program most Palm devices with
IR using Omniremote and a database download), the light flashes and the
camera beeps upon completion of a photograph, so this is not a solution
either. (the beep can be silenced, but the light will flash)

Roger

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 00:55:35 GMT, Ryan <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>As for the remote (The ML-L3, or you can program most Palm devices with
>IR using Omniremote and a database download), the light flashes and the
>camera beeps upon completion of a photograph, so this is not a solution
>either. (the beep can be silenced, but the light will flash)

Ryan,

Thanks, the brew thickens.... I think it's back to good old black
electrical tape if I go the D70 route. I always keep some on the base
plate of my cameras for emergencies.

I also appreciate the Omniremote idea. That may just come in very
handy for my other cameras.

Regards,
Roger

MJL Photo