Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > did it

did it

Paul Bielec

Alan Browne wrote:

> 231 KB:
> http://www.aliasimages.com/images/KM7D/PICT0181s.JPG re-sized, USM
>
> warning--following are nearly 2 MB each.
> http://www.aliasimages.com/images/KM7D/PICT0181.JPG fullsize, /USM
> http://www.aliasimages.com/images/KM7D/PICT0181usm.JPG fullsize, USM
>
> Maxxum 7D
> 1/160, f/8
> 100 f/2.8 macro
> 3 sync'd strobes
>

> Cheers,
> Alan

Congrats, it's worth it.
Even though you'll find out things you don't like about it. But hey,
it's their first attempt. I love my Digital Rebel even though it lacks
some features. What counts are the pictures

Paul Bielec

Alan Browne wrote:

> 231 KB:
> http://www.aliasimages.com/images/KM7D/PICT0181s.JPG re-sized, USM
>
> warning--following are nearly 2 MB each.
> http://www.aliasimages.com/images/KM7D/PICT0181.JPG fullsize, /USM
> http://www.aliasimages.com/images/KM7D/PICT0181usm.JPG fullsize, USM
>
> Maxxum 7D
> 1/160, f/8
> 100 f/2.8 macro
> 3 sync'd strobes
>

> Cheers,
> Alan

Alan

You can buy some of those Palm self adhesive screen protectors, cut it
out and put it on the LCD to protect it from scratches.

Paul

Alan Browne

Paul Bielec wrote:

> Alan
>
> You can buy some of those Palm self adhesive screen protectors, cut it
> out and put it on the LCD to protect it from scratches.

Already on the list. Although the 7D comes with a transparent
cover/protector in any case.

Cheers,
Alan

T.N.T.

On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 01:08:15 GMT, Alan Browne
<(E-Mail Removed)>, wrote in
news:d0ittf$q0j$(E-Mail Removed):

> Walt Hanks wrote:
>
>> Congratulations on the purchase.

> Thanks!
>
> > Now, please tell me what to look for in
>> the USM vs Non-usm images. Frankly, the non-USM looks better to me.
>> Am I missing something?

> Assuming that you're looking at them at full res, the usm'd ones have
> slightly sharper edges. (Look at the print on the meter body).

I couldn't see any difference at all. They even have the same file size
to the byte - 2030617 bytes, which, I think, is most likely impossible
and suggests that they're the same files with different names.

--
T.N.T.

Lbh xabj jung gb qb vs lbh rire jnag gb rznvy zr.

Alan Browne

T.N.T. wrote:

> I couldn't see any difference at all. They even have the same file size
> to the byte - 2030617 bytes, which, I think, is most likely impossible
> and suggests that they're the same files with different names.

Oops. And you're right too. These are both USM'd. And I've flushed
the original raw/JPG's, so no going back. I'll photograph again later.

Cheers,
Alan

Lisa Horton

Alan Browne wrote:

> Maxxum 7D

Congratulations Alan. Welcome to the dark side

What will be interesting to see is out of the rolls of film you have
now, how many you will still have in a year

Lisa

Annika1980

Did wha?
Why I bought the Maxxum 7D, of course.
----------------------------

Admit it, dude. You've had it for a while now, but it's aken you this
long to get enough guts to admit it.

I know we'll all be stunned by it's output.
Start with something easy like deer or cheerleaders.
It doesn't get much easier than cheerleaders, if ya know what I mean.

Annika1980

Did wha?
Why I bought the Maxxum 7D, of course.
----------------------------

Admit it, dude. You've had it for a while now, but it's aken you this
long to get enough guts to admit it.

I know we'll all be stunned by it's output.
Start with something easy like deer or cheerleaders.
It doesn't get much easier than cheerleaders, if ya know what I mean.

Annika1980

>Why I bought the Maxxum 7D, of course.

How about taking this **** to the appropriate newsgroup, Buttdrip!

This group is for discussion of 35mm equipment and my pics.

Alan Browne

Lisa Horton wrote:

> Alan Browne wrote:
>

>>Maxxum 7D

> Congratulations Alan. Welcome to the dark side

Long time coming.

> What will be interesting to see is out of the rolls of film you have
> now, how many you will still have in a year

About a dozen 120's and about 30 35mm in color slide & negative. A pile
of T-max 100,

As long as we don't count the many rolls of T-max 100, I'm betting I
keep cycling through my film stock. As I bought the 7D I bought more
slide film too. (I was tempted to phone back and ask how to get that
film I bought into the camera, but they know me too well at that store).

Cheers,
Alan.