Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > did it

did it

bob

Alan Browne wrote:
> bob wrote:

> Check your 'rithmentic. 278 / 8 hours = 1 phot every 1.75 minutes.

Oops. It's still a lot.

Bob

DoN. Nichols

In article <d0r5gb$kqc$(E-Mail Removed)>,
Alan Browne <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

[ ... ]

>The shot was entirely manual. It was not a product shot, it was one of
>the first shots with the camera, period, as I wanted to see how well it
>seperated the dull lettering on the black and how good the detail is.
>The lighting was portrait lighting that was already set up. So just
>shot it with the light as is. I have to repeat this to you again:
>
>I was _not_ attempting a product shot (what? On a scratched wooden
>stool? ... please).

Actually, I would *like* to see product shots on such a surface.
After all -- it makes the nice smooth "product" stand out all the more.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: <(E-Mail Removed)> | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564

one million pics

"McLeod" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Oops. Now I know who one million pics is. It's the technoaussie with
> the bad attitude. Back to the killfile.

If you plonk everyone here with an atttitude, You'll post next question:
Where has everyone gone? And of course you don't have an attitude problem,
do you?

one million pics

"DoN. Nichols" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:d0t21s$590$(E-Mail Removed)-and-d.com...
> In article <d0r5gb$kqc$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Alan Browne <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> [ ... ]
>
>>The shot was entirely manual. It was not a product shot, it was one of
>>the first shots with the camera, period, as I wanted to see how well it
>>seperated the dull lettering on the black and how good the detail is.
>>The lighting was portrait lighting that was already set up. So just
>>shot it with the light as is. I have to repeat this to you again:
>>
>>I was _not_ attempting a product shot (what? On a scratched wooden
>>stool? ... please).

I picked this up from someone else's post...
No point in replying to me Alan, I long ago plonked you.
The post I originally replied to was someone else quoting you.

Lionel

Kibo informs me that "Annika1980" <(E-Mail Removed)> stated that:

>>Nah, bought it yesterday. But I did battle with myself... "shut the
>>f*ck up Alan and just pretend you're getting these noise free scans

>from
>>the 5400..."

>Here's a tip. Buy a nice dust cover for the 5400. That way, it'll
>still look good when you sell it in 6 months.

Heh.
Better yet, just use an old pillowcase or similar that you already have
in the back of a cupboard. That's how I've packed all my film-only gear.

Alan Browne

one million pics wrote:

> If you plonk everyone here with an atttitude, You'll post next question:
> Where has everyone gone? And of course you don't have an attitude problem,
> do you?

Your not exactly a shining example, Dougie.

Alan Browne

one million pics wrote:

> "DoN. Nichols" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:d0t21s$590$(E-Mail Removed)-and-d.com...
>
>>In article <d0r5gb$kqc$(E-Mail Removed)>,
>>Alan Browne <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>[ ... ]
>>

>>>The shot was entirely manual. It was not a product shot, it was one of
>>>the first shots with the camera, period, as I wanted to see how well it
>>>seperated the dull lettering on the black and how good the detail is.
>>>The lighting was portrait lighting that was already set up. So just
>>>shot it with the light as is. I have to repeat this to you again:
>>>
>>>I was _not_ attempting a product shot (what? On a scratched wooden
>>>stool? ... please).

> I picked this up from someone else's post...
> No point in replying to me Alan, I long ago plonked you.
> The post I originally replied to was someone else quoting you.

Convenient, attack someone, but don't read their replies.

Alan Browne

one million pics wrote:

> I picked this up from someone else's post...
> No point in replying to me Alan, I long ago plonked you.
> The post I originally replied to was someone else quoting you.

So Ryadia/Doug, you "plonked" me long ago but you continue attacking me
.... what a coward.. but we knew that already...