Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Emailing photos - How to shrink them down w/ OE.

Emailing photos - How to shrink them down w/ OE.

Jim

I use OE and have Windows XP SP2 - does anyone know a way to mail photos
from my OE and shrink them down. I know how to mail from a single folder but
I want to be in my OE and click the attachment button and chose photos from
several different folders and make them smaller to Email all in the message.

THANKS!!
Jim

Jim Townsend

do not spam wrote:

> I use OE and have Windows XP SP2 - does anyone know a way to mail photos
> from my OE and shrink them down. I know how to mail from a single folder but
> I want to be in my OE and click the attachment button and chose photos from
> several different folders and make them smaller to Email all in the message.

If you left click on your image(s) directly and choose
'Send To' from the popup menu, you have the option of
choosing 'mail recipient'

When you choose 'mail recipient', you should be prompted
as to whether you want to shrink the image or not..

Choose shrink

Once you're done, OE will open with the image shrunk and
attached and ready to send. Just add the name of the recipient
and any text you want to add.

Ben Thomas

Jim Townsend wrote:
> do not spam wrote:
>

>>I use OE and have Windows XP SP2 - does anyone know a way to mail photos
>>from my OE and shrink them down. I know how to mail from a single folder but
>>I want to be in my OE and click the attachment button and chose photos from
>>several different folders and make them smaller to Email all in the message.

> If you left click on your image(s) directly and choose
> 'Send To' from the popup menu, you have the option of
> choosing 'mail recipient'
>
> When you choose 'mail recipient', you should be prompted
> as to whether you want to shrink the image or not..
>
> Choose shrink
>
> Once you're done, OE will open with the image shrunk and
> attached and ready to send. Just add the name of the recipient
> and any text you want to add.

The OP said he already knows how to do that. The OP wants to add images from
multiple folders to one email.

--
Ben Thomas

Jim Townsend

Ben Thomas wrote:

> Jim Townsend wrote:
>> do not spam wrote:
>>

>>>I use OE and have Windows XP SP2 - does anyone know a way to mail photos
>>>from my OE and shrink them down. I know how to mail from a single folder but
>>>I want to be in my OE and click the attachment button and chose photos from
>>>several different folders and make them smaller to Email all in the message.

>> If you left click on your image(s) directly and choose
>> 'Send To' from the popup menu, you have the option of
>> choosing 'mail recipient'
>>
>> When you choose 'mail recipient', you should be prompted
>> as to whether you want to shrink the image or not..
>>
>> Choose shrink
>>
>> Once you're done, OE will open with the image shrunk and
>> attached and ready to send. Just add the name of the recipient
>> and any text you want to add.

> The OP said he already knows how to do that. The OP wants to add images from
> multiple folders to one email.

Hmm.. you're right.. Gotta read slower

I don't think you can do this directly from
OE..

Ron Hunter

Jim wrote:
> I use OE and have Windows XP SP2 - does anyone know a way to mail photos
> from my OE and shrink them down. I know how to mail from a single folder but
> I want to be in my OE and click the attachment button and chose photos from
> several different folders and make them smaller to Email all in the message.
>
> THANKS!!
> Jim

Go to the Microsoft site and download the 'powertoys'. One of them
makes this process quite painless. You just select the picture from
Explorer and right click. It will then offer you an email option, which
will then bring up a dialog asking you what size you want. It will
resize/resample the picture to the new size, and feed it to your email
program.

--
Ron Hunter http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

Ron Hunter

Ben Thomas wrote:
> Jim Townsend wrote:
>
>> do not spam wrote:
>>

>>> I use OE and have Windows XP SP2 - does anyone know a way to mail photos
>>> from my OE and shrink them down. I know how to mail from a single
>>> folder but
>>> I want to be in my OE and click the attachment button and chose
>>> photos from
>>> several different folders and make them smaller to Email all in the
>>> message.

>> If you left click on your image(s) directly and choose
>> 'Send To' from the popup menu, you have the option of
>> choosing 'mail recipient'
>>
>> When you choose 'mail recipient', you should be prompted as to whether
>> you want to shrink the image or not..
>> Choose shrink
>>
>> Once you're done, OE will open with the image shrunk and
>> attached and ready to send. Just add the name of the recipient and
>> any text you want to add.

> The OP said he already knows how to do that. The OP wants to add images
> from multiple folders to one email.
>
> --
> Ben Thomas

Wasn't what he asked. We are supposed to read his mine, as you seem to
have???

--
Ron Hunter (E-Mail Removed)

Ron Hunter

Jim Townsend wrote:
> Ben Thomas wrote:
>

>>Jim Townsend wrote:

>>>If you left click on your image(s) directly and choose
>>>'Send To' from the popup menu, you have the option of
>>>choosing 'mail recipient'
>>>
>>>When you choose 'mail recipient', you should be prompted
>>>as to whether you want to shrink the image or not..
>>>
>>>Choose shrink
>>>
>>>Once you're done, OE will open with the image shrunk and
>>>attached and ready to send. Just add the name of the recipient
>>>and any text you want to add.

>>The OP said he already knows how to do that. The OP wants to add images from
>>multiple folders to one email.

> Hmm.. you're right.. Gotta read slower
>
> I don't think you can do this directly from
> OE..

It would require moving/copying them to a folder first, I believe.

--
Ron Hunter (E-Mail Removed)

Jim Townsend

Ron Hunter wrote:

> Ben Thomas wrote:

>> The OP said he already knows how to do that. The OP wants to add images
>> from multiple folders to one email.

> Wasn't what he asked. We are supposed to read his mine, as you seem to
> have???

The OP said he knows how to "send from a single folder"
but can't do the same from within OE when adding
attachments.

He doesn't say he's right clicking and choosing 'send
to mail recipient', but I guess you can assume he
was doing that since there's no other way to mail
a message to someone from a "single folder".

I think he wants to open OE, add an attachement
and shrink it in the same manner as the right
click method.

The question wasn't worded that clearly

Jim

"Jim Townsend" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Ron Hunter wrote:
>
>> Ben Thomas wrote:

>>> The OP said he already knows how to do that. The OP wants to add images
>>> from multiple folders to one email.

>> Wasn't what he asked. We are supposed to read his mine, as you seem to
>> have???
>>

> The OP said he knows how to "send from a single folder"
> but can't do the same from within OE when adding
> attachments.
>
> He doesn't say he's right clicking and choosing 'send
> to mail recipient', but I guess you can assume he
> was doing that since there's no other way to mail
> a message to someone from a "single folder".
>
> I think he wants to open OE, add an attachement
> and shrink it in the same manner as the right
> click method.
>
> The question wasn't worded that clearly

Thanks to all who replied! I will take a look at the powertoys to see if
this may help. Maybe Microsoft will create a way in the future to do what I
am asking.
I can not say if my question was clear or not and if not - SORRY!!! In my
head it made perfect sense. For now I can create a folder on my desktop -
add the shrunken pictures in it then mail the folder. It just seems like a
pain this way and an easy thing to invent to do - a way to attach a pic to
the mail then shrink at that time - repeat for each folder I want to send
from. OR....I could be like everyone I know - ALL their pictures are under
"my pictures" and they just hunt there. Maybe I should just stop taking so
many digital pictures and boring my family and friends with them via Email?!

Jim / NJ

Jim

"Ron Hunter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:iR7Xd.12984$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Jim wrote:
>> I use OE and have Windows XP SP2 - does anyone know a way to mail photos
>> from my OE and shrink them down. I know how to mail from a single folder
>> but I want to be in my OE and click the attachment button and chose
>> photos from several different folders and make them smaller to Email all
>> in the message.
>>
>> THANKS!!
>> Jim

> Go to the Microsoft site and download the 'powertoys'. One of them makes
> this process quite painless. You just select the picture from Explorer
> and right click. It will then offer you an email option, which will then
> bring up a dialog asking you what size you want. It will resize/resample
> the picture to the new size, and feed it to your email program.
>

> --
> Ron Hunter (E-Mail Removed)

PS to my earlier reply. This says to select from Explorer? My pics are in
folders on my C drive - not in IE? Pardon the ignorance - I'm not that
computer literate (Hence the original post and delay in reading the replies)
so maybe you mean a different Explorer.
Jim