Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Picturemate stops when monitor turned off

Picturemate stops when monitor turned off

Noisy bacon

Does anybody know why print jobs stop dead if the crt monitor is switched
off? When the monitor is switched back on printing won't restart whatever I
do.

Using picturemate on USB1, XP Pro

Ed Ruf

On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 12:08:15 GMT, in rec.photo.digital "Noisy bacon"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Does anybody know why print jobs stop dead if the crt monitor is switched
>off? When the monitor is switched back on printing won't restart whatever I
>do.
>
>Using picturemate on USB1, XP Pro

Your not using a usb hub in the monitor base such as my IIyamma has
are you?
See images taken with my CP-990/5700 & D70 at
http://EdwardGRuf.com

Noisy bacon

> Your not using a usb hub in the monitor base such as my IIyamma has
> are you?

*light switches on inside head* Ah ha - thankyou for pointing out what
should have been blindingly obvious to me!

Noisy bacon

> Your not using a usb hub in the monitor base such as my IIyamma has
>> are you?
>>

> *light switches on inside head* Ah ha - thankyou for pointing out what
> should have been blindingly obvious to me!

Mind you, I'm surprised that the soft on/off switch on my CTX monitor powers
down the hub as well as the screen (he said, trying to regain at least some
dignity)