Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > First impressions of D2X

First impressions of D2X

Viperdoc

I just got my D2X on Tuesday in Wisconsin, where I was first in line, but
the second to pick up the body (had to work). Only two were delivered to the
area.

First impressions are that there is a lot more functionality to the camera
compared to the D1X, and the screen is a light brighter. A lot more
information is presented, and there are a lot more options available as
well.

Don't expect a pixel counting review or more Canon bashing. Basically, the
camera to me is simply a tool. It offers a lot more potential than I will
ever realize as a photographer.

However, this tool is like driving a Porsche compared to a Ford Escort. The
process is a lot more enjoyable with the Nikon D2X, no doubt about it!

tbm

I just got my D2X on Tuesday in Wisconsin, where I was first in line, but
the second to pick up the body (had to work). Only two were delivered to the
area.

First impressions are that there is a lot more functionality to the camera
compared to the D1X, and the screen is a light brighter. A lot more
information is presented, and there are a lot more options available as
well.

Don't expect a pixel counting review or more Canon bashing. Basically, the
camera to me is simply a tool. It offers a lot more potential than I will
ever realize as a photographer.

>However, this tool is like driving a Porsche >compared to a Ford Escort. The
>process is a lot more enjoyable with the >Nikon >D2X, no doubt about it!

congrats on your new toy. now all we want from you is a link to some of the pics you've taken with it. rgds to all from TBM.