Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Need: PC cam with certain criteria

Need: PC cam with certain criteria

Jay Pennington

I am looking for a PC camera that with a wire connects to the PC so that
when the camera is snapped the image goes automatically to the C: drive -
and does a flash when needed. I have a Creative PC Cam 350 that ties to
the PC and downloads automatically when wired to the PC but it will not
flash when needed (when attached to the PC).

The other solution to my problem is a camera that takes pictures with flash
while not connected to the PC but when you do connect the camera (not the
memory card) to the PC it either automatcially downloads the images to the
C: drive OR it sees the camera as an E: drive. (Doing this without having
to remove the memory card from the camera and placing the memory card into
an "egg". Just seeing the camera directly as an E: drive.)

I appreaciate any help on this!

Jay P.

Rudy Benner

"Jay Pennington" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am looking for a PC camera that with a wire connects to the PC so that
> when the camera is snapped the image goes automatically to the C: drive -
> and does a flash when needed. I have a Creative PC Cam 350 that ties to
> the PC and downloads automatically when wired to the PC but it will not
> flash when needed (when attached to the PC).
>
> The other solution to my problem is a camera that takes pictures with
> flash
> while not connected to the PC but when you do connect the camera (not the
> memory card) to the PC it either automatcially downloads the images to the
> C: drive OR it sees the camera as an E: drive. (Doing this without having
> to remove the memory card from the camera and placing the memory card into
> an "egg". Just seeing the camera directly as an E: drive.)
>
> I appreaciate any help on this!
>
> Jay P.

My Canon A85 does all that with the supplied software.