Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Does PrintFIX 1.2 validate it's input?

Does PrintFIX 1.2 validate it's input?

Doug Warner

Last weekend, I bought a Printfix kit with the 1.1software. My first
patch print was skewed, and very dark, and I expected the profile
generating software to reject it. Unfortunately, it didn't, but
instead greated a marginal profile.

Wondering how bad it could get before it would reject a scan, I took
one, and inverted, distorted, spotted, skewed, and then told it to
generate a profile. It did, without any errors.
http://webpages.charter.net/dwarner2/ProfileCompare.jpg
This image shows the results. The first panel is the original,
reduced image. The second is a scan of a print using "
SP2200 Prem.Luster 1440.icc"
The third is the one I printed with the PrintFix profile that was
generated from my garbage input (4th panel)
(It should NOT have accepted this color patch target as input for a
profile I suspect it would have generated a profile from a photo of
my face!)

As it is, I can't trust this profiler, since I can't tell if the input
print is of sufficiently good quality to generate a good profile.
This is profile generation by trial & error, not measurement.

Does anyone know if the 1.2 software does any quality control checks
against it's input? If it doesn't, it's going back,

To reply, please remove one letter from each side of "@"
Spammers are VERMIN. Please kill them all.