Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Adobe photoshop elements 3

Adobe photoshop elements 3

chuck907@comcast.net

When I go to print my photo, in the preview window the colors is much
redder than it was when I edited it. It also prints that way also. I
have a new color pixma 6000 printer. I am assuming problem is in
elements.

Can anyone offer any suggestions. The picture looks fine in the main
screen. When it goes to print the redness takes over

Thanks

Chuck T

Ronald Hands

> When I go to print my photo, in the preview window the colors is much
> redder than it was when I edited it. It also prints that way also. I
> have a new color pixma 6000 printer. I am assuming problem is in
> elements.

As I understand it, PS Elements is a color-managed program, which
means you should calibrate your monitor using the Adobe Gamma
utility which is included with the program. (This may be true only
of the Windows version.) Then your prints should match your
expectations. More info on the PS Elements forum at www.adobe.com.
I use PSE 2.0 and fortunately my monitor seems to be on the
button for calibration so I don't think I've ever used Adobe Gamma.
I upload to an online service for prints and the results, from
several services, have always matched what I see on the screen.

-- Ron

bmoag

See above: you are applying color management twice. This is a complex topic
and Canon nearly cripples their otherwise very capable printers with color
management procedures that are non-intuitive and, compared to Epson drivers,
just not very good. Contact Canon for instructions on how to set up your
printer drivers as this may not be adequately covered in the instruction
manual.

Ron Hunter

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> When I go to print my photo, in the preview window the colors is much
> redder than it was when I edited it. It also prints that way also. I
> have a new color pixma 6000 printer. I am assuming problem is in
> elements.
>
> Can anyone offer any suggestions. The picture looks fine in the main
> screen. When it goes to print the redness takes over
>
> Thanks
>
> Chuck T

Suggest you use Adobe's screen calibration function to match your screen
to your printer.

--
Ron Hunter (E-Mail Removed)

Oliver Costich

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 23:13:48 GMT, "bmoag" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>See above: you are applying color management twice. This is a complex topic
>and Canon nearly cripples their otherwise very capable printers with color
>management procedures that are non-intuitive and, compared to Epson drivers,
>just not very good. Contact Canon for instructions on how to set up your
>printer drivers as this may not be adequately covered in the instruction
>manual.

What's so difficult with Canon printers? In Printing Preferences/Main
choose Manual for Color Adjustment. Check the box to enable ICM if you
so desire.

Markeau

In PE3 Print Preview, what do you have set for Print Space > Profile ?
If you have ICM enabled in the Printer Driver, then in the Print Space
> Profile you should have "Printer Color Management"

Markeau

Some interesting info concerning color managment and Canon printers
can be gleaned from this (rather large) pdf:

http://www.qualiteitems.com/canon.pdf