Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Whats better - Fuji F450 or F610?

Whats better - Fuji F450 or F610?

Damo

Im getting a new camera and thought about getting either of Fuji F450 or
F610

Whilst the F610 can do images of 12 million mega pixels the 450 has better
optical zoom. The 450 is smaller than the 610 which is a little chunkier.
One camera seems to have better at some things and worst at others. My mate
has a F610 and i was really impressed with it. But would probably be equally
impressed with a 450 as i have a Fuji finepix 40i at present.

Any comments on the pros and cons of these two cameras would be appreciated
or if anyone has any suggestions by other makers in the same price bracket.
Im looking for a quite good spec cam, but has to be small enough to fit in
the pocket easily. Which is why i like the F450

Many thanks

Damo

Drude

In article <421a1f5f$0$26722$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Im getting a new camera and thought about getting either of Fuji F450 or
> F610
>
> Whilst the F610 can do images of 12 million mega pixels the 450 has better
> optical zoom. The 450 is smaller than the 610 which is a little chunkier.
> One camera seems to have better at some things and worst at others. My mate
> has a F610 and i was really impressed with it. But would probably be equally
> impressed with a 450 as i have a Fuji finepix 40i at present.
>
> Any comments on the pros and cons of these two cameras would be appreciated
> or if anyone has any suggestions by other makers in the same price bracket.
> Im looking for a quite good spec cam, but has to be small enough to fit in
> the pocket easily. Which is why i like the F450
>
> Many thanks
>
> Damo

If I said it once, I'll say it a thousand times (and get flamed for
it)...

After about 3 or 4 megapixels, there is virtually NO identifiable
difference in sharpness or quality in the images from digital cameras.
Don't get fooled into paying hundreds extra for the extra MPs.

Get a 4-6 MP and sink the money you save into the best optical zoom you
can find.

Also, why does everyone need their camera to fit in their pocket? I'm
sorry, but you'll never convince me that some credit-card sized piece of
plastic will ever have the features that a good, solid SLR or SLR-type
camera will have. Not to mention that the higher weight of a larger
camera helps you TAKE BETTER PICTURES through the camera being more
stable in your hand or on a tripod.

Of course, if all you're going to take is pictures of your dog or the
grandkids, then I guess it doesn't matter. Just drop $100 on a point n
shoot.

Gripe Gripe Gripe....

Sorry... I haven't had my Wheaties yet and it's that time of the
month...

Drude

Vic Dura

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 19:56:14 GMT, RE: Re: Whats better - Fuji F450 or
F610? Drude <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Gripe Gripe Gripe....
>
>Sorry... I haven't had my Wheaties yet and it's that time of the
>month...

But all good points.

--
To reply to me directly, remove the XXX characters from my email address.

Stewy

"Damo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Im getting a new camera and thought about getting either of Fuji F450 or
> F610
>
> Whilst the F610 can do images of 12 million mega pixels the 450 has better
> optical zoom. The 450 is smaller than the 610 which is a little chunkier.
> One camera seems to have better at some things and worst at others. My mate
> has a F610 and i was really impressed with it. But would probably be equally
> impressed with a 450 as i have a Fuji finepix 40i at present.
>
> Any comments on the pros and cons of these two cameras would be appreciated
> or if anyone has any suggestions by other makers in the same price bracket.
> Im looking for a quite good spec cam, but has to be small enough to fit in
> the pocket easily. Which is why i like the F450

I've just bought a 440 (identical to the 450 except being 4mpxl) and
with the limited use I've put it to so far, I'm very pleased with it.
The only potential problem I can see is the cradle, which could be
damaged if I'm not too careful. I suppose I'll have to take this on my
travels too unless I get myself an external charger and card reader.

Whats better Fuji F610 or F450 Damo Digital Photography 4 03-01-2005 06:35 PM
Fuji F450 Nusat Digital Photography 0 07-12-2004 06:41 PM
Which compact camera: Fuji F450 / Canon IXUS 430 / Olympus [mju:] 410 DIGITAL Nusat Digital Photography 5 06-30-2004 10:11 PM
Canon s500 - Whats comparable in Olympus or Fuji? mike Digital Photography 0 04-11-2004 05:33 PM

Advertisments