Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > SD cards and spare battery for FZ20?

SD cards and spare battery for FZ20?

Pierre Jelenc

Should I stick to the Panasonic memory cards and battery, or are there
cheaper (reliable) alternatives?

Pierre
--
Pierre Jelenc | New on Home Office Records: Ethan Lipton
| www.homeofficerecords.com www.ethanlipton.com
The Gigometer | Pepper Of The Earth: the HO blog
www.gigometer.com | www.homeofficerecords.com/blog

Bill Rude

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 01:25:11 +0000 (UTC), http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Pierre Jelenc) wrote:

>Should I stick to the Panasonic memory cards and battery, or are there
>cheaper (reliable) alternatives?

I use the KingMax 60X 1GB SD cards in my FZ20 and I have bought a couple cheap
batteries off eBay for spares, so far the batteries are okay.

Dimitrios Tzortzakakis

I bougt an 128 MB lexar card (sd) for 33 euro and an orbit charger with 4
sanyo aa nicd batteries for 11 euro more.I have the Kodak CX 7300 which
works perfectly up till now.

--
Tzortzakakis Dimitris
dimtzort AT otenet DOT gr

> Should I stick to the Panasonic memory cards and battery, or are there
> cheaper (reliable) alternatives?
>
> Pierre
> --
> Pierre Jelenc | New on Home Office Records: Ethan Lipton
> | www.homeofficerecords.com www.ethanlipton.com
> The Gigometer | Pepper Of The Earth: the HO blog
> www.gigometer.com | www.homeofficerecords.com/blog

Mark

"Pierre Jelenc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:cvbd9n$ekc$(E-Mail Removed)...

> Should I stick to the Panasonic memory cards and battery, or are there
> cheaper (reliable) alternatives?

No.
Not unless you want to pay extra money so that it says "Panasonic."
You can use any SD card you please.

The battery is another matter.
This depends upon what is available from third parties.
Power2000 is a reputable brand which I successfully use with my Canon 10D. They make
replacement batteries for many different cameras, and their batteries usually have better
power ratings than the manufacturer's own version.
www.bhphotovideo.com carries Power2000, and is one of the two or three best reputed
dealers on the web. I'd check there under the name specification/model number of your
camera's battery.
-Mark

irwell

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 21:30:35 -0700, Bill Rude <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 01:25:11 +0000 (UTC), (E-Mail Removed) (Pierre Jelenc) wrote:
>

>>Should I stick to the Panasonic memory cards and battery, or are there
>>cheaper (reliable) alternatives?

>I use the KingMax 60X 1GB SD cards in my FZ20 and I have bought a couple cheap
>batteries off eBay for spares, so far the batteries are okay.

Bought a Danemark 512 Mb for about $40, seems Ok so
far, after about 400 pics. Got from amazon.com, actually
supplied from Jand R, very reliable supplier.