Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > D70 infrared filters

D70 infrared filters

Joshua Putnam

In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
> I have found many online galleries showing the great results that can
> be had from the D70 in this respect, but have been unable to find a
> great deal about what filters are available and who makes them. Do you
> have any experience in this area?

You face a tradeoff between speed and strength of the IR effect -- the
deeper the cutoff of your filter, the stronger the visual effect, but the
slower the effective speed of the camera.

http://www.photo.net/photo/edscott/ir000020.htm is written for film
photography, but has comparison spectra for the most common infrared
filters.

--
(E-Mail Removed) is Joshua Putnam
<http://www.phred.org/~josh/>

Ken Tough

Sheldon <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>This is new to me. Why would I want to put an IR filter on my camera?

Remember those x-ray specs in the old comic books? Depending on
the clothes and the intensity of the sunlight, you can get the
same effect. Have a look at www.maxmax.com.

Otherwise, it makes for some nice landscape effects too.

A good page:
http://www.wrotniak.net/photo/infrared/

--
Ken Tough