Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Dimage Viewer software

Dimage Viewer software

manjushri

Just bought a minolta 7i secondhand camera.......came with everything
but the viewer software. Can not find anywhere it can be downloaded
from only updates. Any suggestions?

tomcas

manjushri wrote:
> Just bought a minolta 7i secondhand camera.......came with everything
> but the viewer software. Can not find anywhere it can be downloaded
> from only updates. Any suggestions?

Please excuse my ignorance but why do you need viewer software? Can't
you just pop the CF card in a reader and view with almost any
viewer,like Irfanview.

Philip Procter

Don't bother. It's nothing special. Get Picasa 2 for free from Google
and be happy.

Philip

On 16 Feb 2005 17:25:10 -0800, "manjushri" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Just bought a minolta 7i secondhand camera.......came with everything
>but the viewer software. Can not find anywhere it can be downloaded
>from only updates. Any suggestions?

C J Campbell

"manjushri" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Just bought a minolta 7i secondhand camera.......came with everything
> but the viewer software. Can not find anywhere it can be downloaded
> from only updates. Any suggestions?

I think you would be better served by getting Photoshop 3.

Picasa 2 does not have the image editing capabilities found in DiMAGE Viewer
and it tends to replace your file system. Photoshop 3 has every capability
the Viewer had and a great deal more.

manjushri

thanks for the info....picasa and photoshop have both been recommended
to me. Think i will go with photoshop.....just wasn't sure if raw
images from the camera could be imported and manipulated in
photoshop....herad somewhere that they had to be imported via the
viewer software first.