Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > iPhoto for the PC??

iPhoto for the PC??

Ryan

Hi,

I posted the other day looking for a place to create hardcover photos
books. I had used MyPublisher but really hate their new book creating
software (which actually has fewer features than their old web based
book creator) and have had lots of error messages and problems using
the book making software at Sony Imagestation.

Someone recommended iPhoto to me and it looks GREAT, but it appears to
only work on Macs and I am PC based. Unless there is a PC based version
of iPhoto, I am out of luck and that's a shame since it's looks
terrific!

Anyone know of a place that creates hardcover photo books for the PC
simular to iPhoto but NOT the two I've named above I already had
problems with??

Gosh, you'd think this would be a big business but vendors seem to be
few and far between.

Stewy

In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
"Ryan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I posted the other day looking for a place to create hardcover photos
> books. I had used MyPublisher but really hate their new book creating
> software (which actually has fewer features than their old web based
> book creator) and have had lots of error messages and problems using
> the book making software at Sony Imagestation.
>
> Someone recommended iPhoto to me and it looks GREAT, but it appears to
> only work on Macs and I am PC based. Unless there is a PC based version
> of iPhoto, I am out of luck and that's a shame since it's looks
> terrific!
>
> Anyone know of a place that creates hardcover photo books for the PC
> simular to iPhoto but NOT the two I've named above I already had
> problems with??
>
> Gosh, you'd think this would be a big business but vendors seem to be
> few and far between.

Fuji does give away a FinePix viewer with every camera it sells. This
may be what you're looking for. The display is much like iPhoto and will
start up when you plug in the camera or card reader. It's around 20mb in
size. Give me a site where I can upload to and I'll give you a copy.

Kevin McMurtrie

"Ryan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I posted the other day looking for a place to create hardcover photos
> books. I had used MyPublisher but really hate their new book creating
> software (which actually has fewer features than their old web based
> book creator) and have had lots of error messages and problems using
> the book making software at Sony Imagestation.
>
> Someone recommended iPhoto to me and it looks GREAT, but it appears to
> only work on Macs and I am PC based. Unless there is a PC based version
> of iPhoto, I am out of luck and that's a shame since it's looks
> terrific!
>
> Anyone know of a place that creates hardcover photo books for the PC
> simular to iPhoto but NOT the two I've named above I already had
> problems with??
>
> Gosh, you'd think this would be a big business but vendors seem to be
> few and far between.

Shutterfly makes it easy to create photobooks through a web interface:

http://www.shutterfly.com/photobooks/index.jsp