Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Convert MJPG MOV to AVI?

Convert MJPG MOV to AVI?

Darkfalz.Usenet@gmail.com

My camera takes little 30 second MJPEG clips in MOV format, I'd like to
convert them to more windows/editing friendly AVI.

Any (free) way to do this WITHOUT recompression? I can export in
QuickTime player but only to uncompressed AVI or Cinepak and so on. I
remember some very old tools to convert movies, but I doubt they work
with MJPG codec (probably wouldn't even know the FourCC).

Rudy Benner

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> My camera takes little 30 second MJPEG clips in MOV format, I'd like to
> convert them to more windows/editing friendly AVI.
>
> Any (free) way to do this WITHOUT recompression? I can export in
> QuickTime player but only to uncompressed AVI or Cinepak and so on. I
> remember some very old tools to convert movies, but I doubt they work
> with MJPG codec (probably wouldn't even know the FourCC).

Wrong newsgroup.

Try Canopus ProCoder.

Martin

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> My camera takes little 30 second MJPEG clips in MOV format, I'd like to
> convert them to more windows/editing friendly AVI.
>
> Any (free) way to do this WITHOUT recompression? I can export in
> QuickTime player but only to uncompressed AVI or Cinepak and so on. I
> remember some very old tools to convert movies, but I doubt they work
> with MJPG codec (probably wouldn't even know the FourCC).

There's EOVideo - trialware from http://www.eo-video.com/

RAD Video Tools - freeware from http://www.radgametools.com/bnkdown.htm

Or you could try loading the .MOV into TMPGEnc and exporting an .AVI video.
TMPGEnc is freeware from http://www.tmpgenc.net/
You'll need the QT plug-in to do this. Look here
http://www.videohelp.com/tools?tool=TMPGEnc_Mov_Plugin

Any of these utilities should be able to export an AVI using whatever
compression codecs you currently have installed on your pc.

Martin.