Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > An Experiment

An Experiment

andre

Here is an 117 Megapixel Image i did with Pano Tools.
http://www.aguntherphotography.com/u...s/photo_2.html
When you click on the image on the above link you can see the full sized
image (you need flash to view it).
I think it turned out pretty good.

--
----------------------------------
http://www.aguntherphotography.com

Scott W

Pretty amazing.

Mark≤

"andre" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:X%WPd.3932$(E-Mail Removed) t...
> Here is an 117 Megapixel Image i did with Pano Tools.
> http://www.aguntherphotography.com/u...s/photo_2.html
> When you click on the image on the above link you can see the full sized image (you need
> flash to view it).
> I think it turned out pretty good.

Wow!
That's really very nice.

What program creates the web zooming tool?
Really a neat technology for viewing this great shot.
-Mark

wald

"Mark≤" <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> wrote:

> "andre" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:X%WPd.3932$(E-Mail Removed) t...
>> Here is an 117 Megapixel Image i did with Pano Tools.
>> http://www.aguntherphotography.com/u...photos/photo_2
>> .html When you click on the image on the above link you can see
>> the full sized image (you need flash to view it).
>> I think it turned out pretty good.

> Wow!
> That's really very nice.
>
> What program creates the web zooming tool?
> Really a neat technology for viewing this great shot.

Errr... first link on Google, search term "zoomify":

http://www.zoomify.com/

Regards,
Wald

Owamanga

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 05:51:51 GMT, andre <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Here is an 117 Megapixel Image i did with Pano Tools.
>http://www.aguntherphotography.com/u...s/photo_2.html
>When you click on the image on the above link you can see the full sized
>image (you need flash to view it).
>I think it turned out pretty good.

Is that a dead body under that tree?

--
Owamanga!

Mark≤

"wald" <arnout.standaert@n*o_s-p%a|m.cit.kuleuven.ac.be> wrote in message
news:Xns95FD74C1AD25Carnoutstandaertnospa@134.58.1 27.12...
> "Mark≤" <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> wrote:
>

>> "andre" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:X%WPd.3932$(E-Mail Removed) t...
>>> Here is an 117 Megapixel Image i did with Pano Tools.
>>> http://www.aguntherphotography.com/u...photos/photo_2
>>> .html When you click on the image on the above link you can see
>>> the full sized image (you need flash to view it).
>>> I think it turned out pretty good.

>> Wow!
>> That's really very nice.
>>
>> What program creates the web zooming tool?
>> Really a neat technology for viewing this great shot.

> Errr... first link on Google, search term "zoomify":
>
> http://www.zoomify.com/

Errr...Where was I supposed to come up with the term, "zoomify"?

Curt Bousquet

andre <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote let it be known in
news:X%WPd.3932$(E-Mail Removed) t:

> Here is an 117 Megapixel Image i did with Pano Tools.
> http://www.aguntherphotography.com/u...yce/photos/pho
> to_2.html When you click on the image on the above link you
> can see the full sized image (you need flash to view it).
> I think it turned out pretty good.

Great image! I've been there and wish I could have come away
with anything half as nice!

Could you give us more info about it? (What kind of camera and
lense, how many images high by wide you had to stitch together,
how big the resulting file was...)

--
[‘]

Curt Bousquet
moc.enilnacs@PTNN < Reverse for email

Wald

"Mark≤" <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> wrote:

> "wald" <arnout.standaert@n*o_s-p%a|m.cit.kuleuven.ac.be> wrote in
> message news:Xns95FD74C1AD25Carnoutstandaertnospa@134.58.1 27.12...
>> "Mark≤" <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> wrote:
>>

>>> "andre" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:X%WPd.3932$(E-Mail Removed) t...
>>>
>>> Wow!
>>> That's really very nice.
>>>
>>> What program creates the web zooming tool?
>>> Really a neat technology for viewing this great shot.

>> Errr... first link on Google, search term "zoomify":
>>
>> http://www.zoomify.com/

> Errr...Where was I supposed to come up with the term, "zoomify"?

Okay, you've got a point. I use Firefox with the FlashBlock plugin, so I
had to click the flash object first to start it. That's when I saw a
"Zoomify" banner before the picture appeared.

I guess that's not visible in other situations. Sorry for jumping
conclusions.

Wald

John McWilliams

Owamanga wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 05:51:51 GMT, andre <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>

>>Here is an 117 Megapixel Image i did with Pano Tools.
>>http://www.aguntherphotography.com/u...s/photo_2.html
>>When you click on the image on the above link you can see the full sized
>>image (you need flash to view it).
>>I think it turned out pretty good.

> Is that a dead body under that tree?

Just sleeping. But someone had removed his Rolex Oyster; you can tell by
the shape of the lack of suntan on his left wrist.

--
John McWilliams

"My wife said, 'It's either me or the ham radio. There's not enough
room for both of us.' Over."

Curt Bousquet

John McWilliams <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote let it be known in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

>> Is that a dead body under that tree?
>>

> Just sleeping. But someone had removed his Rolex Oyster;
> you can tell by the shape of the lack of suntan on his left
> wrist.

Looks more like sunburn to me. See the small melanoma on his
skin? Its only the size of the head of a pin now, but he'd
better get it looked at.