Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Fuji FinePix S3100

Fuji FinePix S3100

Richard Evans

I just bought one to replace a FinePix 3800 that went to a premature
grave. (I wasn't happy with the service from the 3800, but I had just
invested in a 256meg xD card, so couldn't justify switching formats.)

The 3100 is almost identical to the 3800, with one critical
difference: The user's guide is twice the size of the camera, too big
to fit in the camera bag I had used for the 3800. I'm going to have to
buy a new bag just to accommodate the book.

I really wonder what goes through the minds of the people who design
this stuff.

Dick Evans

Roy

I happen to agree with you about the size of the instruction books compared
to the cameras, but it is not a new problem. It has been going on for years.
I think it is just ploy to get you to buy a bigger bag, and then once you
have it, you will have plenty of space to put all the extras they hope you
will buy.

I think your excuse for not changing brands is a bit feeble. a 256 Mb xD
card only cost about 25, and probably less if you are talking in dollars.
That is negligable compared to the cost of a Camera. You should have changed
away from the one that went to the scrapheap early.

Roy

news:(E-Mail Removed)...