Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Pocket sized camera wanted

Pocket sized camera wanted

Stewy

Folks
I'm planning on buying a pocket sized digital for carrying around most
of the time. I've short listed the following - any recommendations?

Fuji F440
Fuji F450
Olympus X-3
Olympus u-mini
Casio QV-R61

thanks in advance

Douglas W. Hoyt

What? No Canon SD20? PHENOMENAL camera--incredible size (you forget it is
there, even in your pants pocket). I am SUPER happy with the color, the
performance (no viewfinder? no zoom? BIG DEAL!) and it is super
efficient. I can't imagine a better size/convenience/price/quality/ANYTHING
ratio. Easiest camera to handle I have ever handled, and I have gone to the
stores to compare--you DO have to watch out for camera shake because it is
so small, but that is true with all small cameras (so I just use the
consecutive shot feature to take 4 or five in one press), and I DO have to
edit each picture to maximize black/white point, but with a lens that small
(and any digicam this size) that is inevitable. Uff da.

DonR

Pansonic Lumix

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

pgcs@yahoo.com

>From your list, I recommend the Olympus u-mini. In my opinion, it is
the most stylish compact digital camera made. It is splashproof which
is great if you use your camera at the beach, skiing, etc..

There's a good review of the u-mini by a photographer at:
http://www.kenrockwell.com/olympus/verve.htm