Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Need help selecting budget digital camera...

Need help selecting budget digital camera...

ct

I need help selecting a camera that will be used primarilty to take
pictures of items that I want to sell on ebay. I typically sell
medium sized items such as guitars, monitors, and such. There is no
need for the pictures to be highly detailed. What camera should I
get? Price is the most important factor in this purchase.

TIA

larrytucaz@yahoo.com

Something like a Sony DSC-P50. It's 2 megapixels and I've seen the
auctions on eBay end for like $60 or so. It's fine for point & shoot
uses, uses 2 AA batteries rather than specialized batteries, and isn't
TOO gigantic.

Here's one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...872458065&rd=1

LRH

Scharf-DCA

ct wrote:

> I need help selecting a camera that will be used primarilty to take
> pictures of items that I want to sell on ebay. I typically sell
> medium sized items such as guitars, monitors, and such. There is no
> need for the pictures to be highly detailed. What camera should I
> get? Price is the most important factor in this purchase.

For a new camera, get the $145 Canon A400
"http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0002OGJJA/sanfrancisc0b-20?"

I would not go below this if buying new, you want the optical zoom and
AF assist lamp, and this is the least expensive camera with these two
features.

One step up from that is the Canon A85, for $190,
"http://buydig.com/shop/product.aspx?sku=CNPSA85"

Even the 2Mp Canon A60 would have been fine, and it was selling for
$100, but it's discontinued, and goes for more than $100 on the used
market. Ditto for the discontinued A75, which was going for around $150.

Stewy

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
ct <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I need help selecting a camera that will be used primarilty to take
> pictures of items that I want to sell on ebay. I typically sell
> medium sized items such as guitars, monitors, and such. There is no
> need for the pictures to be highly detailed. What camera should I
> get? Price is the most important factor in this purchase.

You could also try the Nikon Coolpix 3700 or the Fuji F440.
These are both pocket-sized so you can carry them everywhere with you.
Simply using a camera for the odd ebay photo seems a waste. If you truly
want to just do that, then check out the used camera section on ebay.