Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Re: Dlink Wireless card not showing on XP

Re: Dlink Wireless card not showing on XP

TW

The Dlink instructions CLEARLY STATE that you MUST install the drivers
BEFORE you install the card.

You need to remove the card from your network properties, restart, reinstall
the drivers, shutdown and install the card, and then XP will find the card.
This works for me every time.

"mike" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:sJAPc.767$(E-Mail Removed)...
> if you 'upgraded' to xp over me you will have problems.
> under control panel/device manager etc, remove/uninstall ALL network
> hardware & protocol services.
> shut the pc down.
> reboot, let it settle. log in with admin rights.then shutdown
>
> put back the wireless card.
> install the software.
> it might work then.
> if not.
> reboot again.
> if TCP/IP has not gone back on automatically, then put it back, set to

auto
> DHCP/auto ip ad
> then reboot again
>
> mike
>
> "sparky" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I just recently installed XP Pro on a computer that was running ME and

is
> connected to a wireless home network using a DLink DWL-520 PCI wireless
> network card. I thought XP would automatically detect the card but it
> didn't and I lost my connection to the network and internet. Further, XP
> showed that I have a Realtec ethernet card with the cable disconnected -
> which I don't. The only network/ethernet card on my PC is the DLink card.
> I went to the manual hardware set up screen to select the DLink card from
> the list of hardware and DLink isn't listed at all. DLink's instructions

on
> their web site simply say that XP will detect the card when the software

is
> installed, which it didn't. What can I do to make this work? Thanks
>

> ---

mike