Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Re: Creating a network with a single wireless computer

Re: Creating a network with a single wireless computer

Pavel A.

You need another type of device called Wireless Bridge.
Check for example at DLink

--

"JEWLS8896" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> We are a training facility. We would like to set up a classroom with up to 16 computers through a single wireless connection.

Here's what I'd like to do: I would have one computer with a wireless NIC card that would connect to the network through a
wireless router. 16 additional computers would connect to the one wireless computer through standard cable connections using a
hub. Would this work or do all 17 computers have to have wireless NIC cards?

> TIA,
> Julie Kleckner
> Cincinnati, OH

TW

Your idea will work as long as the wireless router is physically connected
to the hub with a cable thus making it part of the same segment. You should
also put the wireless router in the same subnet as the rest of the network
for network browsing, then you won't need a bridge.

I use both wired and wireless through a Dlink DI624 and all machines can
access all network shares without any problems. I also don't use or need a
bridge.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...