Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: Is George Preddy still around??

Re: Is George Preddy still around??

David Kilpatrick

George was NOT very well versed - he was a troll with a habit of
exaggerating mythical qualities and making Sigma look stupid, and it
wasn't his real name. I use an SD10 and in context the Foveon thing is
wonderful; compared to other DSLRs I use and have tested in the last
year, the SD10 has had almost zero 'issues' to address and if you can
live with 3.4 megapixels, it's unmatched for a photo-real image.

I departed from rec.photo.digital some time ago partly because of the
amount of time wasted countering GP's ridiculous claims.

DK

--
Icon Publications Ltd - f2, Master and Photoworld magazines
Resources and links to all our websites, music and picture sales

Brian C. Baird

In article <cu5l6q$rgc$(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
says...
> I use an SD10 and in context the Foveon thing is
> wonderful; compared to other DSLRs I use and have tested in the last
> year, the SD10 has had almost zero 'issues' to address and if you can
> live with 3.4 megapixels, it's unmatched for a photo-real image.

Er:

Ugly color casts
RAW only
Low spatial resolution
Aliasing
Limited lens selection

I could go on, but I won't.
--
http://www.pbase.com/bcbaird/

thief

"David Kilpatrick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cu5l6q$rgc$(E-Mail Removed)...

>I use an SD10 and in context the Foveon thing is wonderful; compared to
>other DSLRs I use and have tested in the last year, the SD10 has had almost
>zero 'issues' to address and if you can live with 3.4 megapixels, it's
>unmatched for a photo-real image.<

--

Welcome back George.

Randall Ainsworth

In article <cu5l6q$rgc$(E-Mail Removed)>, David Kilpatrick
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> George was NOT very well versed - he was a troll with a habit of
> exaggerating mythical qualities and making Sigma look stupid, and it
> wasn't his real name. I use an SD10 and in context the Foveon thing is
> wonderful; compared to other DSLRs I use and have tested in the last
> year, the SD10 has had almost zero 'issues' to address and if you can
> live with 3.4 megapixels, it's unmatched for a photo-real image.

Like those Homer Simpson skin tones, do you?

Des Perado

"David Kilpatrick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cu5l6q$rgc$(E-Mail Removed)...

> and making Sigma look stupid

That's not very difficult, now is it?