Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Viewing MP4 Files Under Windows

Viewing MP4 Files Under Windows

Harpocrates

I just purchased a new Sony DSC-M1 and have downloaded some sample
videos from the camera. Since they are MP4 files what programs are
recommended for viewing/editing those videos?

Thanks in advance.

Bigguy

Quicktime does this....

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/

Guy

Harpocrates wrote:
> I just purchased a new Sony DSC-M1 and have downloaded some sample
> videos from the camera. Since they are MP4 files what programs are
> recommended for viewing/editing those videos?
>
> Thanks in advance.

Al Dykes

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Harpocrates <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>I just purchased a new Sony DSC-M1 and have downloaded some sample
>videos from the camera. Since they are MP4 files what programs are
>recommended for viewing/editing those videos?
>
>Thanks in advance.

There must be usenet groups for digital video, this is the first
question I've seen in this group for moving video.

I know video people that like Adobe Premiere Elements (about $100). I
don't know that there is any free/shareware for video.
--

a d y k e s @ p a n i x . c o m

Don't blame me. I voted for Gore.

Christopher Pollard

On 6 Feb 2005 07:59:33 -0500, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Al Dykes) wrote:

>There must be usenet groups for digital video, this is the first
>question I've seen in this group for moving video.

There is rec.video.desktop, which would be a better bet.

I think quicktime can decode MP4 video.

--
Chris Pollard

http://www.cginternet.net

andre

Harpocrates wrote:
> I just purchased a new Sony DSC-M1 and have downloaded some sample
> videos from the camera. Since they are MP4 files what programs are
> recommended for viewing/editing those videos?
>
> Thanks in advance.

www.videolan.org/vlc
in my opinion the best player around, doesn't even need codecs
(everything is programmed into the player)

--
http://www.aguntherphotography.com