Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Passport photos

Passport photos

explore65@yahoo.com

Hello - our local girlscouts group have a project they fill out items
in a little travelers passport book. They have a need to print a small
photo(1.75 x 1.25 inches) to paste into the front of the book. I've
been trying to think of ways to accmplish this with as little
intervention as possible. Does anyone have a suggestion of how to print
directly from a Camera to a printer? Would you recommend a small 4x6
printer and maybe try and set the camera up to do 4 up on a page or
something? That way the kids would get use to what it is like to get
duplicate photos as do when you get a real passport. The only other
method coming to mind is take all the photos, move them to a laptop,
and use a album software to print thumbnails in batch.

Thanks!

Rich

Bart van der Wolf

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hello - our local girlscouts group have a project they fill
> out items in a little travelers passport book. They have
> a need to print a small photo(1.75 x 1.25 inches) to
> paste into the front of the book. I've been trying to think
> of ways to accmplish this with as little intervention as
> possible.

Check out Qimage (http://www.ddisoftware.com/qimage/). Even though it
is more powerful than needed for your request, it'll provide what you
need (and more) at a reaonable price and it provides good quality
output as well.

Bart

Stewy

In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,

> Hello - our local girlscouts group have a project they fill out items
> in a little travelers passport book. They have a need to print a small
> photo(1.75 x 1.25 inches) to paste into the front of the book. I've
> been trying to think of ways to accmplish this with as little
> intervention as possible. Does anyone have a suggestion of how to print
> directly from a Camera to a printer? Would you recommend a small 4x6
> printer and maybe try and set the camera up to do 4 up on a page or
> something? That way the kids would get use to what it is like to get
> duplicate photos as do when you get a real passport. The only other
> method coming to mind is take all the photos, move them to a laptop,
> and use a album software to print thumbnails in batch.

Many printer drivers have a thumbnail feature where you can print
multiple images on a single sheet. My Canon 6100i will print up to 80 on
an A3 sheet. File numbers are included so you can sort out the girls
from the... er girls.

Confused

On 5 Feb 2005 08:45:49 -0800
In message <(E-Mail Removed) .com>
(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> Hello - our local girlscouts group have a project they fill
> out items in a little travelers passport book. They have a
> need to print a small photo(1.75 x 1.25 inches) to paste
> into the front of the book.
> <SNIP>

Warning Mr. Smith!

[said robby the robot...arms waving frantically in the air]

Misdirected and dangerous merit badge project!
They have no "need" to fabricate such documents,
or have that kind of information gathered.

Jeff

Pb

Don't Polaroid sell a camera which produces small photos such as this?

Paul

Hi Jeff -

I think I understand your concern. I am just a tech guy being asked to
research things. The travel program is being fostered in the Rocky
Mountain region initially for what I understand, and I would be
surprised if it goes national in the future. I believe (don't quote me)
that Hostelling International is the sponsor and the Girl Scouts are
participating. I am friends with the liaison between these two groups
and he said that the GS were very very careful about how this is
structured. The program will be named the Travel Scholars. I found
this link on the San Francisco site.
http://www.norcalhostels.rg/odom.html. Anyway, I wanted to let you know
how this came about and ease any fears about it being flaky or
anything.

all the best
Rich

UK passport/using digital photos/resolution rivenglo Digital Photography 6 10-04-2005 08:38 PM
How do I make passport photos with photoshop (6.0?) josh00@comcast.net Digital Photography 2 04-17-2005 11:30 AM
.net sign in passport susan ASP .Net 1 05-06-2004 04:24 PM
Total newbie: how to deactivate .NET passport dvt ASP .Net 13 09-19-2003 02:47 PM
Re: How does .NET Passport Work? Mary Chipman ASP .Net 0 09-18-2003 03:00 PM

Advertisments