Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > 180 seconds of 640x480 video hack ported to Canon Powershot SD100

180 seconds of 640x480 video hack ported to Canon Powershot SD100

Jukka Laurila

Yet another successful port! The list of supported cameras is now A70,
A75, S230, Pro1 and SD100.

You can get the hack from the usual place:
http://nostromo.dynalias.org/canonhacking/

tomcas

Jukka Laurila wrote:
> Yet another successful port! The list of supported cameras is now A70,
> A75, S230, Pro1 and SD100.
>
> You can get the hack from the usual place:
> http://nostromo.dynalias.org/canonhacking/

Jukka
You are the man. For those people who have not tried it yet, Jukka
somehow hacked the Canon 30 second limit when shooting high resolution
video. The hacked firmware extends the length to 3 minutes. I applied it
to my A70 and it works fine.

Annika1980

>From: tomcas http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

>Jukka
>You are the man. For those people who have not tried it yet, Jukka
>somehow hacked the Canon 30 second limit when shooting high resolution
>video. The hacked firmware extends the length to 3 minutes. I applied it
>to my A70 and it works fine.

Call me when he hacks the 20D so it allows 3 minutes of video.

tomcas

Annika1980 wrote:
>>From: tomcas (E-Mail Removed)

>>Jukka
>>You are the man. For those people who have not tried it yet, Jukka
>>somehow hacked the Canon 30 second limit when shooting high resolution
>>video. The hacked firmware extends the length to 3 minutes. I applied it
>>to my A70 and it works fine.

> Call me when he hacks the 20D so it allows 3 minutes of video.

I said he was the man, not a magician. Call me when you get a camera
that shoots any length video at all.

Curt Bousquet

tomcas <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote let it be known in
news:HzdNd.37$(E-Mail Removed):

> I said he was the man, not a magician. Call me when you get
> a camera that shoots any length video at all.

Ring Ring....

Canon SD300... 640x480 30fps until the memory card is full. (4.5
minutes on my 512MB card)

tomcas

Curt Bousquet wrote:
> tomcas <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote let it be known in
> news:HzdNd.37$(E-Mail Removed):
>

>>I said he was the man, not a magician. Call me when you get
>>a camera that shoots any length video at all.

> Ring Ring....
>
> Canon SD300... 640x480 30fps until the memory card is full. (4.5
> minutes on my 512MB card)

He's got an 20D, how much video does that shoot?

Walter Banks

Kodak DX7590

Walter Banks wrote:
> Kodak DX7590
>
> tomcas wrote:
>

>>I said he was the man, not a magician. Call me when you get a camera
>>that shoots any length video at all.

My response was rhetorical in nature, directly solely at Annika1980, in
regards to extending the video duration on his Canon D20. Since the D20
does not have any video capability at all, he is going to be waiting a
very long time for that call.

Stewy

In article <HzdNd.37$(E-Mail Removed)>,
tomcas <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Annika1980 wrote:
> >>From: tomcas (E-Mail Removed)

> >>Jukka
> >>You are the man. For those people who have not tried it yet, Jukka
> >>somehow hacked the Canon 30 second limit when shooting high resolution
> >>video. The hacked firmware extends the length to 3 minutes. I applied it
> >>to my A70 and it works fine.

> > Call me when he hacks the 20D so it allows 3 minutes of video.
> >

> I said he was the man, not a magician. Call me when you get a camera
> that shoots any length video at all.

The Fuji S7000 will shoot 13 minutes on a 1gb card at 640x480 pixels -
does that count?