Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Trouble staying connected to wifi

Trouble staying connected to wifi

Michael Giroux

I'm having a problem staying connected via wifi on an XP Pro desktop system.
Network is configured for my wifi router, and no others.
I have unchecked the connect to non-prefered ...
I have multiple user accounts. When I log into one account, I see that new
network connections are available. I click connect, and start using the
network.
When we switch to a different user, the network is not available. So far,
the only way to get the network available in the other account is to open
network connections, disable the connection, then enable it.

I would have expected the network connection to be global to all users.

Is there some config option that I need to set to make sure the network
1) automatically connects to the preferred network when the system boots
2) remains connected for all users on the system

Thanks
Michael Giroux

Michael Giroux

Looking at other threads, it seems that others have a problem with signal
dropping also.

The solution so far seems to be:
1. open network connections
2. disable the wifi network
3. enable the wifi network

Is there a way to script this process with VBS?

Michael Giroux