Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > DECnet over GRE tunnel with serial interface

DECnet over GRE tunnel with serial interface

parislubis@yahoo.com

All,

I need help. We have some terminals with one server which run DECnet.
They all reside in the same area (area 1). They work fine when run in
the local segment (by using hub).

I want to exercise one of the terminals connect to the server over the
WAN (by using GRE tunnel) with two cisco routers with back-to-back
serial interafce. I have configured routers with DECnet routing (phase
IV) and assign DECnet cost to tunnel and fast ethernet interfaces.

The problem is, when I do show decnet routing, I see all the the
detailed routing including server and the remaining terminals at the
other side, but when I can't see them by using show decnet neighbor. I
noticed that the SNAP address assigned for tunnel is 0000.0000.0000
which I susspect is the issue when talking to DECnet address format.

Does anyone have suggestion how can I make it working by using GRE
tunnel over back-to-back serial (to simulate a leased line)?

regards

Paris

Steve

Hi Paris,

Please post the specific DECnet configuration of what you are trying to
accomplish ... router configs, end system addresses etc.

-Steve

DECnet over IP FMonkey Cisco 11 01-06-2007 07:12 PM
DECnet over GRE tunnel with FiberOptic leased-line sali Cisco 6 03-29-2006 09:29 PM
GRE Tunnel up/up Cannot ping tunnel interface tsvanduyn@yahoo.com Cisco 6 03-09-2006 01:33 AM
How do I make GRE tunnel specific to one interface jim@nospam.nospam Cisco 1 12-07-2004 07:21 PM
Termination of an IPSec VPN tunnel and a GRE Tunnel on one physical interface. John Ireland Cisco 1 11-11-2003 04:47 PM

Advertisments