Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > SD vs. MultiMedia card

SD vs. MultiMedia card

panettonea@yahoo.com

I am thinking about getting the new Canon Powershot A510, and I noticed
that it uses an "SD/MMC card." I currently have a CF card for my
Powershot A70, and it seems obvious that this won't fit. What I'm
wondering is this--what is the difference between an SD and a
MultiMedia card? Is there any reason to buy one over the other? It
sounds like either card will fit this camera, and I just wanted to know
the relative advantages of each. Thanks for any help.

Harvey

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> I am thinking about getting the new Canon Powershot A510, and I noticed
> that it uses an "SD/MMC card." I currently have a CF card for my
> Powershot A70, and it seems obvious that this won't fit. What I'm
> wondering is this--what is the difference between an SD and a
> MultiMedia card? Is there any reason to buy one over the other? It
> sounds like either card will fit this camera, and I just wanted to know
> the relative advantages of each. Thanks for any help.

SD is newer, better, faster, and has higher capacity and is the one you
want. Steer clear of MMC. You have been warned. Google for the
differences in the cards.

panettonea@yahoo.com

Thanks. I assume SD doesn't cost a ton more than MMC? Well, even if
it does, it sounds worth the price.

Harvey

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Thanks. I assume SD doesn't cost a ton more than MMC? Well, even if
> it does, it sounds worth the price.

Real good deal in Office Depot flyer this week: Sandisk 512 MB SD Memory,
$69.99 minus $10 Mfr mail in rebate minus $20 instant savings for total of
$39.99.

panettonea@yahoo.com

OK, I'll keep my eyes on Office Depot when I'm ready to order. Thanks.