Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > INON dealer in Canada?

INON dealer in Canada?

Rudy Benner

I am interesting in getting a strobe for my underwater camera, the INON
product seems to have merit. Does anyone know of a dealer in Canada?
Shipping from the USA is a royal pain in the ass.

R.

Brian Barnson

"Rudy Benner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am interesting in getting a strobe for my underwater camera, the INON
>product seems to have merit. Does anyone know of a dealer in Canada?
>Shipping from the USA is a royal pain in the ass.

In my experience the worst part of the pain is caused by UPS.
Many US retailers (like B&H) will ship USPS and that saves you a
lot of $ and annoyance.
Brian, in Cedar

Rudy Benner

I hate UPS. They are the worst. I checked B&H and they do not seem to handle
INON.

"Brian Barnson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> "Rudy Benner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I am interesting in getting a strobe for my underwater camera, the INON
>>product seems to have merit. Does anyone know of a dealer in Canada?
>>Shipping from the USA is a royal pain in the ass.

> In my experience the worst part of the pain is caused by UPS.
> Many US retailers (like B&H) will ship USPS and that saves you a
> lot of $ and annoyance.
> Brian, in Cedar

Joe Makowiec

On 30 Jan 2005 in rec.photo.digital, Rudy Benner wrote:

> I am interesting in getting a strobe for my underwater camera, the
> INON product seems to have merit. Does anyone know of a dealer in
> Canada? Shipping from the USA is a royal pain in the ass.

Doesn't look good. From their North American website:

http://inonamerica.com/howtobuy.php

The corporate parent site is here:

http://www.inon.co.jp/

They have a UK affiliate/organization; I don't know if that would be any
better shipping to Canada.

--
Joe Makowiec
http://makowiec.org/

Rudy Benner

"Joe Makowiec" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns95EEBBB30634AmakowiecatnycapdotrE@24.24.2. 166...
> On 30 Jan 2005 in rec.photo.digital, Rudy Benner wrote:
>
>> I am interesting in getting a strobe for my underwater camera, the
>> INON product seems to have merit. Does anyone know of a dealer in
>> Canada? Shipping from the USA is a royal pain in the ass.

> Doesn't look good. From their North American website:
>
> http://inonamerica.com/howtobuy.php
>
> The corporate parent site is here:
>
> http://www.inon.co.jp/
>
> They have a UK affiliate/organization; I don't know if that would be any
> better shipping to Canada.
>
> --
> Joe Makowiec
> http://makowiec.org/
> Email: http://makowiec.org/contact/?Joe

I received an email from Jason Schaller, General Manager, Inon America Inc.
He was very helpful. Turns out that I can order my stuff direct from them. I
downloaded a whole whack of PDF files and waded through a lot of data on
their webpages. The more I see, the more impressed I am with their system.

I have several options. Try to decypher it myself. Tell them what I have and
let them tell me what I need. Drive down to Minnisota and purchase what I
need right in their shop. Hey, its only a 10 hour drive, each way, I could
be home for lunch in a couple of days. What could be simpler. I even have a
new passport, so getting into and out of the USA would be no problem.

Don't worry, I will come to my senses later today.

R.

Inon Rudy Benner Digital Photography 3 01-31-2005 07:31 PM
Canon S500 with Inon D-180 or D2000 ? Louis Digital Photography 0 01-21-2005 09:49 AM
Today's Brooklyn Camera Dealer Pictures Don Wiss Digital Photography 5 11-24-2003 04:25 AM
Is there a reputable dealer that will sell Canon EOS 10D for less than $1399? J.W. Digital Photography 2 08-19-2003 08:54 PM
Re: recommendations for photographic dealer, San Francisco aa.woods@excess.comcast.net Digital Photography 0 07-11-2003 08:39 AM

Advertisments