Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Camera Choices

Camera Choices

Scott

I need help deciding between 2 digital SLR cameras:

Nikon D70 or Canon EOS 300D

Which is a better camera?

Please help!!!

Scott Stuart

Musty

"Scott" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:fOgId.2006$(E-Mail Removed) nk.net...
> I need help deciding between 2 digital SLR cameras:
>
> Nikon D70 or Canon EOS 300D
>
> Which is a better camera?
>
> Please help!!!
>
> Scott Stuart

The cameras you are comparing are at different price ranges. Also I will
assume you dont own any glass, since that would generally steer you to one
brand/mount.

The Nikon D70 is "better" if you ignore price - and I am a Canon owner. The
300D I am sure takes good shots, but the build quality is not as good as D70
(hence cheaper). If you can spend a little more, get the 20D.

Pete D

"Musty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:70hId.49076$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Scott" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:fOgId.2006$(E-Mail Removed) nk.net...
>> I need help deciding between 2 digital SLR cameras:
>>
>> Nikon D70 or Canon EOS 300D
>>
>> Which is a better camera?
>>
>> Please help!!!
>>
>> Scott Stuart
>>

> The cameras you are comparing are at different price ranges. Also I will
> assume you dont own any glass, since that would generally steer you to one
> brand/mount.
>
> The Nikon D70 is "better" if you ignore price - and I am a Canon owner.
> The
> 300D I am sure takes good shots, but the build quality is not as good as
> D70
> (hence cheaper). If you can spend a little more, get the 20D.

Or for a bit less for a lot of camera look at the Pentax *ist D and DS, both
excellent.

Since you did not mention price and I have had both cameras (I still have my
D70), I would definitely recommend the D70. The D70 is an unbelievable
camera and you can turn it into a fully manual camera which every single
setting is configurable. The 300D does have some limitations there. I've
also noticed that the D70 is quicker at taking pictures and there's no
waiting whatsoever. I've had my D70 for about 1 month now so far and can't
say one thing bad about it besides the body being plastic and not of a metal
type. Just don't drop it and it will be safe.

D70 all the way.

Choices, Choices!!!! Leeland Clay MCAD 2 02-13-2006 01:53 PM
Choices, choices, choices. Scott Digital Photography 0 10-04-2004 06:15 PM
Choices, choices stuart.cameron Digital Photography 1 06-28-2004 09:29 AM
Overwhelmed with information-camera choices Dutch Digital Photography 7 09-15-2003 12:02 PM
Need portable 5mp camera like Canon S50 - choices? Andrey Digital Photography 18 08-25-2003 08:59 PM

Advertisments