Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Fuji S1 problem

Fuji S1 problem

Sergio La Marca

Hi all. A fiend of mine has a faulty Fuji S1 Pro. I'm considering to buy it
if I can find a solution to the problem. The problem is this: when the
camera is turned on the lens appears to go in focus but the upper display
reads "Err" and nothing else appears on it. This happens with or without the
lens, it doesn't matter. Do you know if there is a sort of reset to do? Did
anybody experience a similar problem?
Thanks,
Sergio

rwesurfn

turn aperture ring to smallest aperture setting or largest number

--

"Sergio La Marca" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:nDgId.3204$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all. A fiend of mine has a faulty Fuji S1 Pro. I'm considering to buy
> it
> if I can find a solution to the problem. The problem is this: when the
> camera is turned on the lens appears to go in focus but the upper display
> reads "Err" and nothing else appears on it. This happens with or without
> the
> lens, it doesn't matter. Do you know if there is a sort of reset to do?
> Did
> anybody experience a similar problem?
> Thanks,
> Sergio

Tom Monego

In article <nDgId.3204$(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
says...

>Hi all. A fiend of mine has a faulty Fuji S1 Pro. I'm considering to buy it
>if I can find a solution to the problem. The problem is this: when the
>camera is turned on the lens appears to go in focus but the upper display
>reads "Err" and nothing else appears on it. This happens with or without the
>lens, it doesn't matter. Do you know if there is a sort of reset to do? Did
>anybody experience a similar problem?
>Thanks,
>Sergio

Has someone pulled out the memory card, stick a different memory card in it
turn it off and on again. If that doesn't work try a different lens. If that
doen't work look for another camera.

Tom

Robert Strom

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 23:54:59 GMT, "Sergio La Marca"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi all. A fiend of mine has a faulty Fuji S1 Pro. I'm considering to buy it
>if I can find a solution to the problem. The problem is this: when the
>camera is turned on the lens appears to go in focus but the upper display
>reads "Err" and nothing else appears on it. This happens with or without the
>lens, it doesn't matter. Do you know if there is a sort of reset to do? Did
>anybody experience a similar problem?
>Thanks,
>Sergio

I have an S1, the times when I got an "err" is
1. lens aperature not at smallest stop (f22 for example)
2. No memory card, or card not formatted
3. weak batteries (4- AA and 2- CR123)

HTH, Rob