Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Canon D10

Canon D10

Ron

Hello anyone,
Im a proud owner of a canon 10D and when im taking pictures the format
is 3:4. Im using a sony f828 too and with this camera its posible too
to take pictures in a format of 2:3 what is very easy when you want to
print the pistures in a format of 10cm to 15cm. My question is if it
is possible to make pixtures in the format 2:3 with a canon 10D? I
hope someone have the right answer for me. Thanks anyway.
Ron

Dan Campbell

Ron wrote:
> Hello anyone,
> Im a proud owner of a canon 10D and when im taking pictures the format
> is 3:4. Im using a sony f828 too and with this camera its posible too
> to take pictures in a format of 2:3 what is very easy when you want to
> print the pistures in a format of 10cm to 15cm. My question is if it
> is possible to make pixtures in the format 2:3 with a canon 10D? I
> hope someone have the right answer for me. Thanks anyway.
> Ron

Canon 10D produces photos with dimensions of 2048x3072 pixels, which, if
I calculate correctly, is 2:3.

MitchAlsup@aol.com

the 10D only produces images in 3:2 format.

justmichael@justnowhere.com

On 18 Jan 2005 07:48:44 -0800, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Ron) wrote:

>My question is if it is possible to make pixtures in the format 2:3
>with a canon 10D?

Turn the camera 90 degrees clockwise or counterclockwise from normal
to shoot in 2:3 mode. Hold the camera normally or upside down to
shoot in 3:2 mode.

usenet@imagenoir.com

Kibo informs me that (E-Mail Removed) (Ron) stated that:

>Hello anyone,
>Im a proud owner of a canon 10D and when im taking pictures the format
>is 3:4.

No, its not. It's 3:2.

Skip M

"Ron" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hello anyone,
> Im a proud owner of a canon 10D and when im taking pictures the format
> is 3:4. Im using a sony f828 too and with this camera its posible too
> to take pictures in a format of 2:3 what is very easy when you want to
> print the pistures in a format of 10cm to 15cm. My question is if it
> is possible to make pixtures in the format 2:3 with a canon 10D? I
> hope someone have the right answer for me. Thanks anyway.
> Ron

Your 10D only produces images at a 2:3 ratio, as in 8x12 inches, or 20.32cm
x 30.48cm. Eight divided by four equals 2, twelve divided by 4 equals 3...

--
Skip Middleton
http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com