Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > OT: TheGIMP 2.2 on Fedora Core 2

OT: TheGIMP 2.2 on Fedora Core 2

Joe Makowiec

Has anybody tried putting TheGIMP 2.2.x on Fedora Core 2? The latest
updates to FC2 are still TheGIMP 2.0.x; I googled around but couldn't
seem to find anybody else's experience of it. It seems that FC3 uses
TheGIMP 2.2; has anybody upgraded FC2 -> FC3?

--
Joe Makowiec
http://makowiec.org/

RSD99

"Joe Makowiec" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns95E18B89F66DEmakowiecatnycapdotrE@24.24.2. 166...
> Has anybody tried putting TheGIMP 2.2.x on Fedora Core 2? The latest
> updates to FC2 are still TheGIMP 2.0.x; I googled around but couldn't
> seem to find anybody else's experience of it. It seems that FC3 uses
> TheGIMP 2.2; has anybody upgraded FC2 -> FC3?
>
> --
> Joe Makowiec
> http://makowiec.org/
> Email: http://makowiec.org/contact/?Joe

Jim Townsend

Joe Makowiec wrote:

> Has anybody tried putting TheGIMP 2.2.x on Fedora Core 2? The latest
> updates to FC2 are still TheGIMP 2.0.x; I googled around but couldn't
> seem to find anybody else's experience of it. It seems that FC3 uses
> TheGIMP 2.2; has anybody upgraded FC2 -> FC3?

There don't seem to be many binaries for the 2.2.x version out yet.. (I've
been searching for a 2.2.x Mandrake RPM)... Best bet is to download a source
tarball from www.gimp.org and compile your own. You could also check on
www.rpmfind.net from time to time..

PS: You'll definitely get a better answer to your question in the GIMP
newsgroup.

On 17 Jan 2005 in rec.photo.digital, Jim Townsend wrote:

> PS: You'll definitely get a better answer to your question in the
> GIMP newsgroup.

Thanks!

--
Joe Makowiec
http://makowiec.org/
Email: http://makowiec.org/contact/?Joe

drwxr-xr-x

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 18:42:23 GMT, Joe Makowiec wrote:
> Has anybody tried putting TheGIMP 2.2.x on Fedora Core 2? The latest
> updates to FC2 are still TheGIMP 2.0.x; I googled around but couldn't
> seem to find anybody else's experience of it. It seems that FC3 uses
> TheGIMP 2.2; has anybody upgraded FC2 -> FC3?

And, you did not see fit to ask
in:
comp.graphics.apps.gimp
or in:
gmane.comp.video.gimp.user over on the Gmane server?

Joe Makowiec

On 17 Jan 2005 in rec.photo.digital, drwxr-xr-x wrote:

> gmane.comp.video.gimp.user over on the Gmane server?

Thanks - I hadn't heard about the Gmane server. I'll hang out there for
a bit.

--
Joe Makowiec
http://makowiec.org/
Email: http://makowiec.org/contact/?Joe

Stacey

Joe Makowiec wrote:

> Has anybody tried putting TheGIMP 2.2.x on Fedora Core 2? The latest
> updates to FC2 are still TheGIMP 2.0.x; I googled around but couldn't
> seem to find anybody else's experience of it. It seems that FC3 uses
> TheGIMP 2.2; has anybody upgraded FC2 -> FC3?

Try building it on your machine and see if it complains. Sometimes they
just compile and work, other times you have to update tons of libraries etc
etc.
--

Stacey

Mozilla Browser Won't Run on FC3 (Fedora Core 3) Scott Gravenhorst Firefox 1 04-12-2006 06:45 PM
Fedora Core 3 & Core 4 Password questions Brandon Computer Security 4 08-15-2005 04:30 AM
JAR help in FEDORA CORE 2 Trent Java 1 05-28-2004 07:32 AM
fedora core 1 and mozilla 1.4.1 joost68 Firefox 1 05-14-2004 09:20 PM

Advertisments