Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: Help. Need info on cheap digital cameras

Re: Help. Need info on cheap digital cameras

renee

Hi Am new to this but i just read this about
cheap cameras, and would like to know if
yu could help me...
I plug the cam in usb port, and it crashes
says key bug checker called by coo2ab37
error code is 44
Parameters @166c 380 000
system halted, then it turns blue and i have to reboot,
ps its a cheap 150 cam vivitar camera v3632, takes good pics, but i
cannot hook
it up on computer, but i have no problem
showing it on the Tv Screen....thanks
very much, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

FoulDragon

I smell a software problem.

What operating system version?

Any camera-specific software loaded?

Does the system act weird on other occasions?

I know many cameras, connected to a Windows 2000 or higher system, appear as an
extra disc drive. It's pretty reliable. A few models need special software to
retrieve images from the camera itself.

A reasonable Plan B: Spend $10 to $20, get a card reader for the same style
card as the camera takes (many card readers will even read many different
types). Place card in reader when ready to download photos.
--
Marada Shra'drakaii

FredBillie

<< From: "renee" (E-Mail Removed)
Date: Fri, Jan 14, 2005 3:11 PM

Hi Am new to this but i just read this about
cheap cameras, and would like to know if
yu could help me...
I plug the cam in usb port, and it crashes
says key bug checker called by coo2ab37
error code is 44
Parameters @166c 380 000
system halted, then it turns blue and i have to reboot,
ps its a cheap 150 cam vivitar camera v3632, takes good pics, but i
cannot hook
it up on computer, but i have no problem
showing it on the Tv Screen....thanks
very much, (E-Mail Removed)

>><BR><BR>

Why don’t you just get a card reader? They are dirt cheap now and a lot
faster than the direct cable connection from your camera.

renee