Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > My London trip pics are up...

My London trip pics are up...

Brian C. Baird

....you have been warned.

http://www.pbase.com/bcbaird/london_20042005
--
http://www.pbase.com/bcbaird/

Mark Roberts

Brian C. Baird <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>...you have been warned.
>
>http://www.pbase.com/bcbaird/london_20042005

Some nice stuff. Fun captions

--
Mark Roberts
Photography and writing

Brian C. Baird

> Brian C. Baird <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >...you have been warned.
> >
> >http://www.pbase.com/bcbaird/london_20042005

> Some nice stuff. Fun captions

Thanks. I'm glad some of the pictures actually turned out OK,
considering my focus often wasn't on photography. Still wish I had
bought a carbon fiber tripod before I left - there were a lot of photo
opportunities missed for lack of tripod.
--
http://www.pbase.com/bcbaird/

Tom Randy

On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 23:56:11 +0000, Brian C. Baird wrote:

> ...you have been warned.
>
> http://www.pbase.com/bcbaird/london_20042005

Thanks for the images! Someday *I* want to go to England too.

Mark Roberts

Brian C. Baird <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Thanks. I'm glad some of the pictures actually turned out OK,
>considering my focus often wasn't on photography. Still wish I had
>bought a carbon fiber tripod before I left - there were a lot of photo
>opportunities missed for lack of tripod.

I'm looking for a CF tripod myself. Do you have a particular one in
mind? I've just started doing research and haven't settled on one yet so
I'm anxious to hear other's experiences and recommendations.

--
Mark Roberts
Photography and writing

Brian C. Baird

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed) says...
> On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 23:56:11 +0000, Brian C. Baird wrote:
>
> > ...you have been warned.
> >
> > http://www.pbase.com/bcbaird/london_20042005

> Thanks for the images! Someday *I* want to go to England too.

I suggest you wait until we have a government with some balls that isn't
too concerned with "saving" US manufacturing jobs at the expense of our
currency. Prices that would have been reasonable at a 1.5-1.6 exchange
rate were just AWFUL at a 2-2.1 exchange rate.
--
http://www.pbase.com/bcbaird/

Brian C. Baird

> >Thanks. I'm glad some of the pictures actually turned out OK,
> >considering my focus often wasn't on photography. Still wish I had
> >bought a carbon fiber tripod before I left - there were a lot of photo
> >opportunities missed for lack of tripod.

> I'm looking for a CF tripod myself. Do you have a particular one in
> mind? I've just started doing research and haven't settled on one yet so
> I'm anxious to hear other's experiences and recommendations.

I was going to get one of the SLIK compacts or something similar. I
don't need the best quality - I've got a decent Bogen if I need
ruggedness - it's just a bit large if I want to wander with it.
--
http://www.pbase.com/bcbaird/

digiboy@mailinator.com

Where do you live? I live in London and I'll do you a swap

Chris Brown

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Brian C. Baird <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
>(E-Mail Removed) says...
>> On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 23:56:11 +0000, Brian C. Baird wrote:
>>
>> > ...you have been warned.
>> >
>> > http://www.pbase.com/bcbaird/london_20042005

>> Thanks for the images! Someday *I* want to go to England too.

>I suggest you wait until we have a government with some balls that isn't
>too concerned with "saving" US manufacturing jobs at the expense of our
>currency. Prices that would have been reasonable at a 1.5-1.6 exchange
>rate were just AWFUL at a 2-2.1 exchange rate.

I feel for you, but conversely, it's going to make my two planned US
holidays this year *really* cheap. Pay for the flights, and everything else
is practically free!

Brian C. Baird

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)_uce_please.com says...
> >I suggest you wait until we have a government with some balls that isn't
> >too concerned with "saving" US manufacturing jobs at the expense of our
> >currency. Prices that would have been reasonable at a 1.5-1.6 exchange
> >rate were just AWFUL at a 2-2.1 exchange rate.

> I feel for you, but conversely, it's going to make my two planned US
> holidays this year *really* cheap. Pay for the flights, and everything else
> is practically free!

Yeah, yeah. Things are just great if you're paid in Euros or Pounds.
--
http://www.pbase.com/bcbaird/