Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > How to setup ad hoc wireless network

How to setup ad hoc wireless network

=?Utf-8?B?amFyYXlh?=

Good morning

I am trying to setup an ad-hoc wireless network. I can use 3 laptops for this wireless network. I already setup the wireless network adapters and these cards "see" a network but I can not ping any of laptop and they do not appear in my Network neighborhood

Can someone tell me how to set up an ad-hoc wireless network? Why I can not ping the wireless cards of these laptops?

Thanks a lot in advance

Juan Araya
Costa Rica

=?Utf-8?B?VmVua2F0ZXNoIFtNUyBJbmRpYSBDb21tdW5pdHkgU3Rhcl0=?=

Hi Jaraya,

If you are unable to ping the laptops in a wireless network, then make sure to have disabled the filrewall in all laptops. Also, check out the below site to learn more about adhoc wireless network:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...02april08.mspx

HTH
Venkat