Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Which one is better SONY DSC P100 or Canon Powershot A95?

Which one is better SONY DSC P100 or Canon Powershot A95?

Pankaj

Hi,

i am new to digital camera world,
i am really confused b/w these SONY DSC P100 and Canon Powershot A95,
Can somebudy suggess about these or better one with same price range.

Regards,
Pankaj

GrandSchtroumpf

"Pankaj" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
> Hi,
>
> i am new to digital camera world,
> i am really confused b/w these SONY DSC P100 and Canon Powershot A95,
> Can somebudy suggess about these or better one with same price range.
>
> Regards,
> Pankaj

Hi,

I have briefly compared and tried DSC-P150, which is supposedly "better"
then P100 and A95. My opinion is that A95 is a top camera. The big issues
with Sony and P series is their poor performance when lighting conditions
are not optimal. Also the focus tends to be a but unsharp. On the other
hands colours are superb. I used to have many Sony's. But since I put my
hands on this A95, my opinion has radically changed. Anyone who isn't even
good at shooting pictures can do marvels with this. The camera is very easy
to operate and can besides the numerous automatic modes, you can take a
picture fully manually. The only 2 downsides are, IMHO, the fact that you
have to use rechargeable AA bateries, (which I personnally dislike, but this
is really different from person to person) and the screen which is not big
enough and maybe not bright enough in the sunlight. But this issue is the
same for the Sony camera. The moveable display on the Canon is sooooo cool.

Trust me, this Canon is really worth it. I'm gonna buy one myself...

Enjoy.
PP

TravisGood

I've owned both an A10 and an A85; they were both excellent cameras.

If you're new to the digital camera world then the A95 is an excellent
choice.

It's a very capable, all-around useful digital camera. Travis

stuart

Just to throw a spanner into this--
I'd reccomend you take a look at the Panasonic DMC FZ20,
Check and compare the features to the Canon and Sony..
I personally thnk this may be the best buy at present, and in this
price range.

Ken

"GrandSchtroumpf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:41dc323f$0$6204$(E-Mail Removed)4all.nl...

> "Pankaj" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
> > Hi,
> >
> > i am new to digital camera world,
> > i am really confused b/w these SONY DSC P100 and Canon Powershot A95,
> > Can somebudy suggess about these or better one with same price range.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Pankaj

> Hi,
>
> I have briefly compared and tried DSC-P150, which is supposedly "better"
> then P100 and A95. My opinion is that A95 is a top camera. The big issues
> with Sony and P series is their poor performance when lighting conditions
> are not optimal. Also the focus tends to be a but unsharp. On the other
> hands colours are superb. I used to have many Sony's.

I have purchased 3 DSC Sonys, each time hoping they would improve the focus problems.
They never did. I know own a Panasonic FZ20 which is vastly superior to the Sonys I have
had. I can no longer recommend the littel Sony cameras to anyone based on my experience
with them.

pg_gupta78@rediffmail.com

Hi,

thanks for ur help,
i have one more query, can i used extra lens with Canon A95 for Zoom,
Regards,
Pankaj

Arvin

You can attach extra lens to the Canon A95, however since the flash is
not as strong, the output wont be very good.

Dalibor Bauernfrajnd

In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
> Hi,
>
> thanks for ur help,
> i have one more query, can i used extra lens with Canon A95 for Zoom,
> Regards,
> Pankaj

Yes.

Download this (brochure with listed addons):

http://tinyurl.com/4k3dy

--
Feel the Sound - www.audiofil.net
d.B.