Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Olympus C700 - Thanks & some photos (0/3)

Olympus C700 - Thanks & some photos (0/3)

Fred

To all my buddies who helped me fix this camera at the low, low, low cost of
an AC adapter and several months of my endless postings.... thanks very
much!!! After a couple of intermittent starts/stops, the camera is
puttering along just like new again

No way of knowing for sure, but looks like plugging and unplugging the AC
adapter into the camera a few times loosened up a switch or cleaned a
contact or something. I never did need to take it apart. (Dang!! I wuz
looking forward to that, too!)

I took a few photos tonight and will post them at
alt.binaries.photos.original under this subject title. Bear in mind that
these are just mediocre photos - nothing special. Just showing what the
camera can do in a low light situation .... once it's in working order.
Will take some "real" photos outdoors one day soon and post.

1/3 - Kitchen, no zoom used, used existing light (night time) and no flash
2/3 - Maximum zoom on the potatoes from same point (10x optical), used flash
3/3 - Maximum zoom on the potatoes from same point (10x optical + 2.7x
digital), used flash

Fred

Ken Weitzel

Fred wrote:
> To all my buddies who helped me fix this camera at the low, low, low cost of
> an AC adapter and several months of my endless postings.... thanks very
> much!!! After a couple of intermittent starts/stops, the camera is
> puttering along just like new again
>
> No way of knowing for sure, but looks like plugging and unplugging the AC
> adapter into the camera a few times loosened up a switch or cleaned a
> contact or something. I never did need to take it apart. (Dang!! I wuz
> looking forward to that, too!)
>
> I took a few photos tonight and will post them at
> alt.binaries.photos.original under this subject title. Bear in mind that
> these are just mediocre photos - nothing special. Just showing what the
> camera can do in a low light situation .... once it's in working order.
> Will take some "real" photos outdoors one day soon and post.
>
> 1/3 - Kitchen, no zoom used, used existing light (night time) and no flash
> 2/3 - Maximum zoom on the potatoes from same point (10x optical), used flash
> 3/3 - Maximum zoom on the potatoes from same point (10x optical + 2.7x
> digital), used flash
>
> Fred

Good show... glad to hear it.

Cleaned a contact, by the way. The switch is open with
the plug installed, and closed when it's removed.
Did you not get the pics I sent you showing how it
works? If not, better check your e-mail

Take care.

Ken

Fred

Got 'em, Ken. Sorry for the delayed thanks! Excellent photo showing that
switch. Why don't you post it!

Fred

"Ken Weitzel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> Fred wrote:
> > To all my buddies who helped me fix this camera at the low, low, low

cost of
> > an AC adapter and several months of my endless postings.... thanks very
> > much!!! After a couple of intermittent starts/stops, the camera is
> > puttering along just like new again
> >
> > No way of knowing for sure, but looks like plugging and unplugging the

AC
> > adapter into the camera a few times loosened up a switch or cleaned a
> > contact or something. I never did need to take it apart. (Dang!! I wuz
> > looking forward to that, too!)
> >
> > I took a few photos tonight and will post them at
> > alt.binaries.photos.original under this subject title. Bear in mind

that
> > these are just mediocre photos - nothing special. Just showing what the
> > camera can do in a low light situation .... once it's in working order.
> > Will take some "real" photos outdoors one day soon and post.
> >
> > 1/3 - Kitchen, no zoom used, used existing light (night time) and no

flash
> > 2/3 - Maximum zoom on the potatoes from same point (10x optical), used

flash
> > 3/3 - Maximum zoom on the potatoes from same point (10x optical + 2.7x
> > digital), used flash
> >
> > Fred

> Good show... glad to hear it.
>
> Cleaned a contact, by the way. The switch is open with
> the plug installed, and closed when it's removed.
> Did you not get the pics I sent you showing how it
> works? If not, better check your e-mail
>
> Take care.
>
> Ken

Gymy Bob

this is not a binary group and most newsservers will not pass the
attachments.

"Fred" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsTrCd.15437$hc7.1102@trnddc06...
> Got 'em, Ken. Sorry for the delayed thanks! Excellent photo showing that
> switch. Why don't you post it!
>
> Fred
>

> "Ken Weitzel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >

> > Fred wrote:
> > > To all my buddies who helped me fix this camera at the low, low, low

> cost of
> > > an AC adapter and several months of my endless postings.... thanks

very
> > > much!!! After a couple of intermittent starts/stops, the camera is
> > > puttering along just like new again
> > >
> > > No way of knowing for sure, but looks like plugging and unplugging the

> AC
> > > adapter into the camera a few times loosened up a switch or cleaned a
> > > contact or something. I never did need to take it apart. (Dang!! I

wuz
> > > looking forward to that, too!)
> > >
> > > I took a few photos tonight and will post them at
> > > alt.binaries.photos.original under this subject title. Bear in mind

> that
> > > these are just mediocre photos - nothing special. Just showing what

the
> > > camera can do in a low light situation .... once it's in working

order.
> > > Will take some "real" photos outdoors one day soon and post.
> > >
> > > 1/3 - Kitchen, no zoom used, used existing light (night time) and no

> flash
> > > 2/3 - Maximum zoom on the potatoes from same point (10x optical), used

> flash
> > > 3/3 - Maximum zoom on the potatoes from same point (10x optical + 2.7x
> > > digital), used flash
> > >
> > > Fred

> > Good show... glad to hear it.
> >
> > Cleaned a contact, by the way. The switch is open with
> > the plug installed, and closed when it's removed.
> > Did you not get the pics I sent you showing how it
> > works? If not, better check your e-mail
> >
> > Take care.
> >
> > Ken

Fred

That's right... I forgot to say "don't post binaries to a non-binary
group". I used alt.binaries.photos.original.

"Gymy Bob" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...