Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Can you touch your 10D sensor?

Can you touch your 10D sensor?

Jimmy Smith

How sturdy is the sensor in the Canon 10D. I want to use a swabbing method
to clean it with a little Eclipse. You know, to clean off the dust. Is the
sensor mounted absolutely tight so that I am not going to somehow move it if
I lightly swab it or is it really lose?

Anybody here have any bad experiences swabbing a sensor?

Jimmy

Chuck

leo

Jimmy Smith wrote:
> How sturdy is the sensor in the Canon 10D. I want to use a swabbing method
> to clean it with a little Eclipse. You know, to clean off the dust. Is the
> sensor mounted absolutely tight so that I am not going to somehow move it if
> I lightly swab it or is it really lose?
>
> Anybody here have any bad experiences swabbing a sensor?
>
> Jimmy

It's the filter in front of the sensor that you're worrying about. I
wonder too, is it make out of plastic or glass?