Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Cisco Softphone Vlan Versus Preexisting Hardphone Voice Vlan

Cisco Softphone Vlan Versus Preexisting Hardphone Voice Vlan

Tennisman

Hi,
I already have Cisco IP Hard phones working within a VOICE VLAN
together with the CallManager, and the PCs in a DATA VLAN.
Now I need to install Softphones on PCs; and since these PCs are in the
Data Vlan subnet, my question is How do my Cisco Softphones get the
dialtone from the CallManager which is in a separate Voice Vlan subnet?

Your response will be appreciated.
Thanks
-Tennisman

Anthrax

On 9/23/2005 6:43 AM, Tennisman wrote:

> Hi,
> I already have Cisco IP Hard phones working within a VOICE VLAN
> together with the CallManager, and the PCs in a DATA VLAN.
> Now I need to install Softphones on PCs; and since these PCs are in the
> Data Vlan subnet, my question is How do my Cisco Softphones get the
> dialtone from the CallManager which is in a separate Voice Vlan subnet?
>
> Your response will be appreciated.
> Thanks
> -Tennisman

Once the ip phone gets off hook it sends that event to CCM after that
CCM responds to that event with dial tone state.

--
2nd Law of Thermodynamics: Chaos will Reign.

http://www.usenet.com