Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Any NYE fireworks?

Any NYE fireworks?

ZONED!

Has any one in here shot any fireworks pix that are posted on line?

Bob Harrington

ZONED! wrote:
> Has any one in here shot any fireworks pix that are posted on line?

A couple from Seattle...

http://home.comcast.net/~bobqatphoto...ireworks_1.jpg
http://home.comcast.net/~bobqatphoto...ireworks_2.jpg

Bob ^,,^
http://bobqat.com

Michael Kilpatrick

Here are some I took:

http://www.pbase.com/mrk03/n_y_e_fireworks2004

Mick Brown

Michael are you the guy I seen standing on the bridge with the Canon DSLR
setup??

I shot back towards you.

http://www.photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=126758

--
Michael Brown
Melbourne Australia

"Michael Kilpatrick" <mkilpatr(at)optusnet(dot)com(dot)au> wrote in message
news:41d7d0d7$0$3844$(E-Mail Removed) ...

> Here are some I took:
>
> http://www.pbase.com/mrk03/n_y_e_fireworks2004

Michael Kilpatrick

Probably was me. Most of the time I was sitting at the edge of the wharf
waiting for the 9.30 show to start. I got there early thinking it would be
crowded, but in fact I could have got there at 9.20 and got the same spot.

Where did you go to get the angle you got? I'm not that familiar with the
Docklands area.

Cheers

Michael

Steven Campbell

"Michael Kilpatrick" <mkilpatr(at)optusnet(dot)com(dot)au> wrote in message
news:41d7d0d7$0$3844$(E-Mail Removed) ...

> Here are some I took:
>
> http://www.pbase.com/mrk03/n_y_e_fireworks2004

Lovely pictures. Now bookmarked.

Mick Brown

I was on North Wharf Road, if you drive down from where you where, past the
Telstra Dome (keeping it on your left) to the next set of lights, turn
right, follow that road all the way down (it winds a lot around the
construction sites) then you get to North Wharf Road, turn right and drive
all the way down til you get to the Melbourne Boat School, it's right on the
wharf and you are allowed to go right up to the edge. From there you have
an un-obstructed view of the Telstra Dome looking back over the water.

I took this shot another time from there:

We have around 20 people there at 9.30 and about 40 at midnight, and the car
was 20 meters from where we were sitting.

--
Michael Brown
Melbourne Australia
www.photo.net/photos/mlbrown

"Michael Kilpatrick" <mkilpatr(at)optusnet(dot)com(dot)au> wrote in message
news:41d7e537$0$2507$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Probably was me. Most of the time I was sitting at the edge of the wharf
> waiting for the 9.30 show to start. I got there early thinking it would

be
> crowded, but in fact I could have got there at 9.20 and got the same spot.
>
> Where did you go to get the angle you got? I'm not that familiar with the
> Docklands area.
>
> Cheers
>
> Michael

ZONED!

Nice shots, I watched a tape on TV. I am not keen on fighting huge
crowds so I stayed away fromn the needle.How were the crowds? I also
was hoping to find a decent show around here (Tac area) but no luck, it
seems that the amount of shows were way down this year. I was hoping to
find some large shells as opposed to the ground effects that they do at
the needle.

ZONED!

Those are quite nice, thanks for sharing.

Ed Ruf

On 2 Jan 2005 15:58:00 -0800, in rec.photo.digital "ZONED!"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Those are quite nice, thanks for sharing.

Do you have any idea that the way you are replying no one else has any clue
what you are referring to? Possibly including the OP.
See images taken with my CP-990/5700 & D70 at
http://EdwardGRuf.com

Re: Ok, maybe Bill Nye could do it... OldGringo38 Computer Support 2 02-27-2010 04:16 PM
Re: NYE AD Computer Support 0 12-28-2005 11:36 PM
Re: NYE C Computer Support 0 12-28-2005 07:15 PM