Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Help requested in resize problem.

Help requested in resize problem.

JPC

Hi,
I have a set of pictures of a very long wall.
Each picture has been taken using different focal length and from different
distances, so that in the various pictures the height of the wall can vary
considerably.
I need all the picture to be the same height, because I want to stick them
in order to obtain a sort of long picture of the wall.

Is there a method, a program, an utility in PS, or...? to automatically
resize a picture to make the height
of the wall equal to the height of the same wall contained in another
picture?
I'd like to have the possibility to draw a line representing the height of
the wall in the first picture, then to draw a second line in the second
picture, and then the "Hypothetical Program" should resize the second
picture to make the two lines of the same length.

thanks in advance.
JPC

John McWilliams

JPC wrote:

> Hi,
> I have a set of pictures of a very long wall.
> Each picture has been taken using different focal length and from different
> distances, so that in the various pictures the height of the wall can vary
> considerably.
> I need all the picture to be the same height, because I want to stick them
> in order to obtain a sort of long picture of the wall.
>
> Is there a method, a program, an utility in PS, or...? to automatically
> resize a picture to make the height
> of the wall equal to the height of the same wall contained in another
> picture?
> I'd like to have the possibility to draw a line representing the height of
> the wall in the first picture, then to draw a second line in the second
> picture, and then the "Hypothetical Program" should resize the second
> picture to make the two lines of the same length.

Nothing that automatic for non-military use that I know of. The
following presupposed PS CS:

But, you can get a start on doing it yourself. Try this: select all the
wall pix, and open them. Go to automate-> Photomerge. It probably won't
stitch together any of them, but it will provide a canvas that will make
it easy to resize manually, which you will have to do. Be sure to check
"keep as layers".

Good luck.

--
John Mcwilliams

tomcas

JPC wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a set of pictures of a very long wall.
> Each picture has been taken using different focal length and from different
> distances, so that in the various pictures the height of the wall can vary
> considerably.
> I need all the picture to be the same height, because I want to stick them
> in order to obtain a sort of long picture of the wall.
>
> Is there a method, a program, an utility in PS, or...? to automatically
> resize a picture to make the height
> of the wall equal to the height of the same wall contained in another
> picture?
> I'd like to have the possibility to draw a line representing the height of
> the wall in the first picture, then to draw a second line in the second
> picture, and then the "Hypothetical Program" should resize the second
> picture to make the two lines of the same length.
>
> thanks in advance.
> JPC

Irfanview has batch resizing.
http://www.irfanview.com/

John McWilliams

tomcas wrote:

> JPC wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I have a set of pictures of a very long wall.
>> Each picture has been taken using different focal length and from
>> different
>> distances, so that in the various pictures the height of the wall can
>> vary
>> considerably.
>> I need all the picture to be the same height, because I want to stick
>> them
>> in order to obtain a sort of long picture of the wall.
>>
>> Is there a method, a program, an utility in PS, or...? to automatically
>> resize a picture to make the height
>> of the wall equal to the height of the same wall contained in another
>> picture?
>> I'd like to have the possibility to draw a line representing the
>> height of
>> the wall in the first picture, then to draw a second line in the second
>> picture, and then the "Hypothetical Program" should resize the second
>> picture to make the two lines of the same length.
>>
>> thanks in advance.
>> JPC
>>

> Irfanview has batch resizing.
> http://www.irfanview.com/

This is way more than resizing the image. Are you sure Irfanview is
automated in the way JPC asks?

--
John McWilliams

JPC

> > Irfanview has batch resizing.
> > http://www.irfanview.com/

I downloaded it but it does not do what I need.

John McWilliams

JPC wrote:

>>>Irfanview has batch resizing.
>>>http://www.irfanview.com/

> I downloaded it but it does not do what I need.

What I suspected.

If you have Photoshop CS, you can try the method I outlined earlier.

Good luck.

--
John McWilliams

Big Bill

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 19:14:35 +0100, "JPC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi,
>I have a set of pictures of a very long wall.
>Each picture has been taken using different focal length and from different
>distances, so that in the various pictures the height of the wall can vary
>considerably.
>I need all the picture to be the same height, because I want to stick them
>in order to obtain a sort of long picture of the wall.
>
>Is there a method, a program, an utility in PS, or...? to automatically
>resize a picture to make the height
>of the wall equal to the height of the same wall contained in another
>picture?
>I'd like to have the possibility to draw a line representing the height of
>the wall in the first picture, then to draw a second line in the second
>picture, and then the "Hypothetical Program" should resize the second
>picture to make the two lines of the same length.
>
>thanks in advance.
>JPC

Most panorama apps will do this.
After you make the pano, chop it up as you desire.
Or will this not work?

--
Bill Funk
Change "g" to "a"