Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Olympus C-725 Ultra Zoom

Olympus C-725 Ultra Zoom

Clark Martin

I own an Olympus C-725 digital camera. I'm not totally happy with it.

With indoor pictures using flash, the flash is so strong that it washes out the subject. I know I can decrease the flash intensity in Program Mode but I shouldn't have to do this. I've had the camera checked and am told it's operating according to specs.

The auto-focus does not focus well in very low light situations, causing blurred photos.

In outdoor situations, some photos appear to be over-exposed.

Does anyone have similar problems with this camera? Any suggestions?

Thank you

Clark

Fred

Don't know the C-725, but I've got a C700 and never had any of these problems in auto mode. If you haven't already, it's worth calling their tech support.

I've gotten better help using their non-800 number...

Olympus America Inc.
Consumer Products Group
10805 Holder Street Suite 170
Cypress, CA 90630-5145
Attn: Repair Department
1-714-503-5700
Fax: (714) 229-1652
Drop off - 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. PT

Fred

"Clark Martin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:klzAd.23978$(E-Mail Removed).. .
I own an Olympus C-725 digital camera. I'm not totally happy with it.

With indoor pictures using flash, the flash is so strong that it washes out the subject. I know I can decrease the flash intensity in Program Mode but I shouldn't have to do this. I've had the camera checked and am told it's operating according to specs.

The auto-focus does not focus well in very low light situations, causing blurred photos.

In outdoor situations, some photos appear to be over-exposed.

Does anyone have similar problems with this camera? Any suggestions?

Thank you

Clark

Ken Weitzel

Clark Martin wrote:

> I own an Olympus C-725 digital camera. I'm not totally happy with it.
>
> With indoor pictures using flash, the flash is so strong that it washes
> out the subject. I know I can decrease the flash intensity in Program
> Mode but I shouldn't have to do this. I've had the camera checked and
> am told it's operating according to specs.
>
> The auto-focus does not focus well in very low light situations, causing
> blurred photos.
>
> In outdoor situations, some photos appear to be over-exposed.
>
> Does anyone have similar problems with this camera? Any suggestions?
>
> Thank you
>
> Clark

Hi Clark...

Perhaps not exactly what you're hoping for, but I find if
my indoor subject is close enough to still focus macro
(further than you might think) then I get much much better
flash pictures.

Costs nothing to try

Take care, and all the best in the new year.

Ken

Fred McKenzie

<< "Clark Martin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:klzAd.23978$(E-Mail Removed).. .

I own an Olympus C-725 digital camera. I'm not totally happy with it

With indoor pictures using flash, the flash is so strong that it
washes out the subject. I know I can decrease the flash intensity in
Program Mode but I shouldn't have to do this. I've had the camera
checked and am told it's operating according to specs.

The auto-focus does not focus well in very low light situations,
causing blurred photos.

In outdoor situations, some photos appear to be over-exposed. >>

Clark-

I had a similar problem where pictures were too dark. I used a graphics
program to lighten them, but then they looked washed-out when printed. Then I
found that the original dark pictures printed perfectly. It turned out I had a
mis-adjusted monitor. The problem went away when I got a new computer!

Another problem in low light, is that your shutter speed is slow. Camera shake
as well as subject motion causes blur that might be blamed on focus. To judge
your camera, you need a tripod and inanimate subjects.

Fred