Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Need advice on software to make a decent, working, Photo CD / DVD

Reply
Thread Tools

Need advice on software to make a decent, working, Photo CD / DVD

 
 
Jman
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-28-2004
ARRRGGGGGGHHHHH,

Getting very frustrated trying to make a friggin' simple photo CD / DVD
of some very old scanned slides. I Scanned a ton of old slides for my
wifes grandparents and I have yet to complete a decent working Photo
CD. I tried NERO and have been blowing coaster after coaster...I could
have sworn that I had made some Photos CD's with versions previous to
my current NERO 6 Ultra....

Anyhow, I would like to make a cool picture CD to play on their DVD
player (before these lovely people pass on) and really need to be
pointed in the right direction !!

Thanks,

Joeman....

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Bob Williams
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-28-2004


Jman wrote:
> ARRRGGGGGGHHHHH,
>
> Getting very frustrated trying to make a friggin' simple photo CD / DVD
> of some very old scanned slides. I Scanned a ton of old slides for my
> wifes grandparents and I have yet to complete a decent working Photo
> CD. I tried NERO and have been blowing coaster after coaster...I could
> have sworn that I had made some Photos CD's with versions previous to
> my current NERO 6 Ultra....
>
> Anyhow, I would like to make a cool picture CD to play on their DVD
> player (before these lovely people pass on) and really need to be
> pointed in the right direction !!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Joeman....
>


That should be very easy.
Make sure that your images are in jpg format.
Use fresh 48X speed CDs but burn at something less than the rated write
speed of your CD-R burner. Does your CD burner have buffer underrun
protection built in?
Try burning them as Data CDs

SPECIFICALLY, what is your problem?
You can't copy?
You can't play the copy you made?
Will it play back on your computer but not on a DVD player?
Please give us as much information as possible.
Otherwise we are just "shooting in the dark".
Bob Williams

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Dennis Petito
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-28-2004
I just started using Uleads DVD Pictureshow and the results are great. I
tried several others incl Roxio and PS Album and this is the easiest to use.

Dennis
"Jman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> ARRRGGGGGGHHHHH,
>
> Getting very frustrated trying to make a friggin' simple photo CD / DVD
> of some very old scanned slides. I Scanned a ton of old slides for my
> wifes grandparents and I have yet to complete a decent working Photo
> CD. I tried NERO and have been blowing coaster after coaster...I could
> have sworn that I had made some Photos CD's with versions previous to
> my current NERO 6 Ultra....
>
> Anyhow, I would like to make a cool picture CD to play on their DVD
> player (before these lovely people pass on) and really need to be
> pointed in the right direction !!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Joeman....
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Al Dykes
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-28-2004
In article <X8hAd.11357$(E-Mail Removed)>,
Dennis Petito <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>I just started using Uleads DVD Pictureshow and the results are great. I
>tried several others incl Roxio and PS Album and this is the easiest to use.
>
>Dennis
>"Jman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed) roups.com...
>> ARRRGGGGGGHHHHH,
>>
>> Getting very frustrated trying to make a friggin' simple photo CD / DVD
>> of some very old scanned slides. I Scanned a ton of old slides for my
>> wifes grandparents and I have yet to complete a decent working Photo
>> CD. I tried NERO and have been blowing coaster after coaster...I could
>> have sworn that I had made some Photos CD's with versions previous to
>> my current NERO 6 Ultra....
>>
>> Anyhow, I would like to make a cool picture CD to play on their DVD
>> player (before these lovely people pass on) and really need to be
>> pointed in the right direction !!
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Joeman....
>>

>
>



flipalbum is neat. (http://www.flipalbum.com/)

--

a d y k e s @ p a n i x . c o m

Don't blame me. I voted for Gore.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Jman
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-28-2004
My burner is the LG 16x16 Dual Layer DVD burner. I also have the LG
48x24x48 CDRW / DVD combo drive. The hardware is not the issue.
Software is the problem.
The Disc's that I create with Nero just don't work period (and I have 3
different DVD players, not including my many computers....).

I want to be able to record my digital images onto these CD's or DVD's
using a program that will reliably create a Photo CD. That's it !! I
do want the ability to create and edit menus so that chapter points can
be selected when the Disc starts to play in the DVD player (not unlike
a normal DVD movie). Does anyone know if Pinnacle Studio 9 make such a
disc ??

That Flip Album software and DVD Picture show sure looks very
interesting though....doesn't it ?? That might be worth a look. Too
bad about the high cost.

Joeman...

 
Reply With Quote
 
Walt
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-15-2005

"Jman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> My burner is the LG 16x16 Dual Layer DVD burner. I also have the LG
> 48x24x48 CDRW / DVD combo drive. The hardware is not the issue.
> Software is the problem.
> The Disc's that I create with Nero just don't work period (and I have 3
> different DVD players, not including my many computers....).
>
> I want to be able to record my digital images onto these CD's or DVD's
> using a program that will reliably create a Photo CD. That's it !! I
> do want the ability to create and edit menus so that chapter points can
> be selected when the Disc starts to play in the DVD player (not unlike
> a normal DVD movie). Does anyone know if Pinnacle Studio 9 make such a
> disc ??
>
> That Flip Album software and DVD Picture show sure looks very
> interesting though....doesn't it ?? That might be worth a look. Too
> bad about the high cost.
>
> Joeman...
>

Kind of had the same trouble with music CD-RW discs not playing in
particular players around the house. Thought I was doing something real
wrong at the computer when burning. Turned out to be the discs and the
player compatibility. Players just would not read CR-RW disc. Burned same
music using same software and computer and this time used elcheapo CD-R
disc. Bingo! All worked!

Good Luck! Walt


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Photo Organizing Software-need advice John Digital Photography 6 04-23-2007 02:48 AM
Need Software Free to play DVD's DVD-R & DVD-RW Terry C DVD Video 7 02-07-2005 08:38 PM
DVD-R & DVD-RW & DVD+R & DVD+RW DVD-WTF Nozza Computer Support 5 12-02-2004 10:06 PM
Try DVD Photo Album version 3.01 to make digital photo album playable on TV with DVD player Michael Shaw Digital Photography 1 09-24-2004 09:10 AM



Advertisments