Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Best website for hosting pictures

Best website for hosting pictures

Peter MacPherson

Which website do people use/like to host their digital pics? I've
been using Pbase, but lately I've been having problems with it and
now I'm thinking about using another website.

Thanks,
Pete

Paul Rubin

"Peter MacPherson" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> Which website do people use/like to host their digital pics? I've
> been using Pbase, but lately I've been having problems with it and
> now I'm thinking about using another website.

imageshack.us

Peter A. Stavrakoglou

"Peter MacPherson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Which website do people use/like to host their digital pics? I've
> been using Pbase, but lately I've been having problems with it and
> now I'm thinking about using another website.
>
> Thanks,
> Pete

www.smugmug.com

Bruce Lewis

"Peter MacPherson" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> Which website do people use/like to host their digital pics? I've
> been using Pbase, but lately I've been having problems with it and
> now I'm thinking about using another website.

I use one I developed myself, and I like it. What's "best" depends what
your purpose is in hosting pictures. You can try mine for a week, then
pay me with paypal if you want to stick with it.

Use the register / log in / create your own site links at the bottom of
http://ourdoings.com/

--

http://ourdoings.com/ Let your digital photos organize themselves.
Sign up today for a 7-day free trial.

Joe Makowiec

On 27 Dec 2004 in rec.photo.digital, Peter MacPherson wrote:

> Which website do people use/like to host their digital pics? I've
> been using Pbase, but lately I've been having problems with it and
> now I'm thinking about using another website.

I own my own domain, and host on Linux w/ PHP and MySQL. I haven't done
huge things with displaying photos, other than some snapshot galleries.
I use Singapore for that:

http://singapore.sourceforge.net/

--
Joe Makowiec
http://makowiec.org/

Don Dunlap

"Bruce Lewis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Peter MacPherson" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>
>> Which website do people use/like to host their digital pics? I've
>> been using Pbase, but lately I've been having problems with it and
>> now I'm thinking about using another website.

> I use one I developed myself, and I like it. What's "best" depends what
> your purpose is in hosting pictures. You can try mine for a week, then
> pay me with paypal if you want to stick with it.
>
> Use the register / log in / create your own site links at the bottom of
> http://ourdoings.com/
>
> --
>
> http://ourdoings.com/ Let your digital photos organize themselves.
> Sign up today for a 7-day free trial.

I agree about Pbase. I've been having problems with them for a month now
and they don't even answer my e-mails asking for help. They are not
interested in helping me be able to login. I would definitely NOT recommend
Pbase.

Don Dunlap