Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Nikon D2H Price drops?

Nikon D2H Price drops?

John A. Stovall

I just heard in another form the D2H has drop to around USD1000?

Is this true? This would change my plans about a D70 if that were the
case.

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel,
read only a page."

Saint Augustine (354 - 430)

TAFKAB

Check the retailers and see. Last I saw, it was just under $2K US).

"John A. Stovall" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I just heard in another form the D2H has drop to around USD1000?
>
> Is this true? This would change my plans about a D70 if that were the
> case.
>

> ************************************************** *****
>
> "The world is a book, and those who do not travel,
> read only a page."
>
> Saint Augustine (354 - 430)

Musty

"John A. Stovall" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I just heard in another form the D2H has drop to around USD1000?
>
> Is this true? This would change my plans about a D70 if that were the
> case.
>

> ************************************************** *****
>
> "The world is a book, and those who do not travel,
> read only a page."
>
> Saint Augustine (354 - 430)

I dont think this is true - if it were I would buy a few since even used
ones are selling on EBay for almost $2K.

Could it be a "bait and switch" operation?? Do you have a link?

Paul Rubin

No, USD 2000. See www.bhphoto.com for example.

> Is this true? This would change my plans about a D70 if that were the
> case.

Even at $2000 it still starts looking like a D70 alternative. It's
really a much more serious camera.

John A. Stovall

On Sun, 26 Dec 2004 19:38:22 GMT, "Musty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"John A. Stovall" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> I just heard in another form the D2H has drop to around USD1000?
>>
>> Is this true? This would change my plans about a D70 if that were the
>> case.
>>

>> ************************************************** *****
>>
>> "The world is a book, and those who do not travel,
>> read only a page."
>>
>> Saint Augustine (354 - 430)

>I dont think this is true - if it were I would buy a few since even used
>ones are selling on EBay for almost $2K.
>
>Could it be a "bait and switch" operation?? Do you have a link?

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=11583163

"We're not fighting for slaves.
Most of us never owned slaves and never expect to,
It takes money to buy a slave and we're most of us poor,
But we won't lie down and let the North walk over us
About slaves or anything else."

Confederate Soldiers
_John Brown' Body_
a book length poem
by Stephen Vincent Benét

John A. Stovall

On Sun, 26 Dec 2004 19:38:22 GMT, "Musty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"John A. Stovall" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> I just heard in another form the D2H has drop to around USD1000?
>>
>> Is this true? This would change my plans about a D70 if that were the
>> case.
>>

>> ************************************************** *****
>>
>> "The world is a book, and those who do not travel,
>> read only a page."
>>
>> Saint Augustine (354 - 430)

>I dont think this is true - if it were I would buy a few since even used
>ones are selling on EBay for almost $2K.
>
>Could it be a "bait and switch" operation?? Do you have a link?

And here locally at under 2000.

http://www.arlingtoncamera.com/price...#PRO%20DIGITAL

I'm in Texas..

International War Veterans' Poetry Archives

http://iwvpa.net/stovalja/nelson__.htm

Andrew Koenig

"Paul Rubin" <http://(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Even at $2000 it still starts looking like a D70 alternative. It's
> really a much more serious camera.

Yes, but. Which one would you rather sling over your shoulder for a walk in
the park?

Paul Rubin

"Andrew Koenig" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> > Even at $2000 it still starts looking like a D70 alternative. It's
> > really a much more serious camera.

> Yes, but. Which one would you rather sling over your shoulder for a
> walk in the park?

I'd likely use my Canon S100 for that. I do see your point, though
I think a D2H is no heavier than an F3/MD4 which I've lugged around
in the past.

I also think of the Pentax *ist DS because of its small size. It wouldn't
use any of my Nikon-mount MF lenses, but MF Pentax lenses are dirt cheap.